a few installation questions (making the jump from cable)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony1097

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2006
how many recievers can be phyiscally hooked up to a single dish?I know only up to 4 boxes are "free" with most of the deals I see.. but I will need more than that(big family) and am willing to pay extra for the 5th box.

not all of our tvs have a video/audio input or a video input channel. is there an adapter I can get to make it work? I am thinking some video game systems have some type of adapter for this issue. if they do exist, does directv suplly them? and if will I even need them?

thanks in advance,
Tony

Tony1097 said:
how many recievers can be phyiscally hooked up to a single dish?I know only up to 4 boxes are "free" with most of the deals I see.. but I will need more than that(big family) and am willing to pay extra for the 5th box.

not all of our tvs have a video/audio input or a video input channel. is there an adapter I can get to make it work? I am thinking some video game systems have some type of adapter for this issue. if they do exist, does directv suplly them? and if will I even need them?

thanks in advance,
Tony

Since you do not specify what kind of dish, first let's assume it is a PhaseIII or AT9, if so, it can do 4 without a multiswitch, many more with multiswitches, in your case, for 5, for the PhaseIII, you would need at least a 4x6 cascadable multiswitch (6x8 for AT9) added to the 'free' 4 receiver dish setup (i.e. it has no multiswitch outside of the dish), if it is NOT a PhaseIII or AT9 dish, you may have a dual lnb, in which case, you already must have a 2x4 or 3x4 switch attached, in which case you will have to replace that one with a 2x6.

As for the second part of your post, as long as they have at least an RF coax input (the one used for cabletv or ANT)on your TV, you can get audio/video on your TV with no adapter, other available connections would depend on your TV and type of receiveres used.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts