Hartford, CT WEDH 24 PBS
Jacksonville, FL WJXT 4 IND
Providence, RI WEDN 53 PBS

Also posted earlier this week:
Orlando, FL WFME 24 PBS
Orlando, FL WRDQ 27 IND

Providence, RI WEDN 53 PBS

This one is interesting - why?

...because its transmitter isn't in the Providence/New Bedford DMA. It's in the Hartford/New Haven one.

*Technically* - I believe this is the first example of a "significantly viewed" HD channel on D* - pretty cool.

For those who are unhappy about still not having HD locals... it could always be worse.

Joplin, Mo has 'no' locals and considering this is a Dish Network dominated area, don't think they will have them anytime soon.

For those who are unhappy about still not having HD locals... it could always be worse.

Joplin, Mo has 'no' locals and considering this is a Dish Network dominated area, don't think they will have them anytime soon.

I use to live in The Joplin, MO / Pittsburg, KS DMA. I think more people would switch to Directv if the locals were available. I live in Oklahoma and without Cable or Satellite you can't get the Joplin locals, and Ottawa Co, OK is the only County in N.E. Oklahoma that can't get the Tulsa locals. I think if more people from the Joplin, MO market requested the locals they may consider it. Glad I live in the Tulsa, OK DMA now so I won't have to worry about that anymore. Would love to see OETA (PBS) in HD or even KSBI in HD that carries some of the Oklahoma City Thunder games. KSBI covers a lot of territory in Oklahoma.

I would just like my 4 main nets in HD.

This one is interesting - why?

...because its transmitter isn't in the Providence/New Bedford DMA. It's in the Hartford/New Haven one.

*Technically* - I believe this is the first example of a "significantly viewed" HD channel on D* - pretty cool.

Not exactly. WSPE and WEDN are both available as local channels for the Providence RI market. Maybe WSPE isn't "hd ready" for Directv, so they are getting WEDN in hd instead.

That's weird. WEDW wasn't available prior to this, in NY. WEDW makes more sense, though, as the transmitter is actually in the NY DMA (Shelton/Trumbull, CT town line)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts