A Few Questions!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
I have a Satworks 3688 and a SG-2100 Motor that is new. I don't think the receiver is sending the correct information to the motor. For example if I go to G10R it moves to approx 15 degrees (on the bottom of the motor) if I go to telstar 15(??) it moves to 20 degrees. I don't think this is correct. and this is just my first problem.

Anyone who has this setup Please help.

What is the current version of the Firmware for the Satworks 3688? (I've got Ver 1.0)

where can I get the upgrade file?

This receiver is Diseq 1.2. Isn't It?

What is the proper way to set this motor up ion the software (I'm using motor)?

I had G10R this morning but now that I installed the motor can't even find it any more.

The tube that turns should be Due south of the pole. correct?

I know this is comming out as babble but I guess I just can't figure out where to start.

Please Help,
cegarrett

Have you tried using USALS? That works a little better for inital set up while disqec is good for fine tuning.

Sounds like you had a stationary dish set up for g10r and now want to install the motor. Correct?

If so, have you corrected the dish elevation and the elevation settings of the motor? Is the motor aligned to your true south location?

Is your lat and long set correct in the receiver?

scottc98 said:
Have you tried using USALS? That works a little better for inital set up while disqec is good for fine tuning.

scottc98 said:
If so, have you corrected the dish elevation and the elevation settings of the motor? Is the motor aligned to your true south location?

Is your lat and long set correct in the receiver?

I can't figure out how to setup up USALS(I don't think this reciever supports it) and where to enter my Lat. & Lon.

scottc98 said:
Sounds like you had a stationary dish set up for g10r and now want to install the motor. Correct?

Correct

Hope this helps,
cegarrett

the motor should come with a manual that should tell you what elevation to set your motor and dish (based off your Lat and Long).

Whats your zip?

PSB can probably give you a readout of what sats you can it if you provide your zip or lat/long

As far as the Satworks 3688, never used one but someone should be able to chime in on that subject.

No manual for the Satworks 3688?

Correction:

Reading from a older post, the satworks doesn't have USALS

Last edited:
I'll Have to look for the satworks manual.

The instructions for the Motor are confusing because I can't figure out whether to set the Elivation on the dish or on the motor??

I did set my latitude by the scale on the motor.

thanks again,
cegarrett

Remember one side of the motor is marked for elevation the other is marked for Latitude, easy to get them mixed up :)

No USALS, but you can use DiSEqC 1.2 to motor over to each satellite and store the position using a LIVE TP.

PSB said:
Remember one side of the motor is marked for elevation the other is marked for Latitude, easy to get them mixed up :)

No USALS, but you can use DiSEqC 1.2 to motor over to each satellite and store the position using a LIVE TP.

Do you have this receiver? I think Iceberg has one Maybe he'll chime in later.

Shouldn't I be able to do a "goto" and find the sat that way? I can't find that functionality.

What is the current firmware for this receiver?

thanks,
cegarrett

Do not have one here, just the 3618. You have to nudge/motor over to the satellite using a live TP. Its the only way, goto usually just sends it back to the zero position.

I would go back to zero and start again, do a factory default also. Same with the motor I would do a reset just to be on the safe side.

PSB said:
Do not have one here, just the 3618. You have to nudge/motor over to the satellite using a live TP. Its the only way, goto usually just sends it back to the zero position.

I would go back to zero and start again, do a factory default also. Same with the motor I would do a reset just to be on the safe side.

Thanks I'll Do that tommorrow.

cegarrett

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts