A foot of snow on the ground and...

I've got two dishes attached to the side of the house. One can be reached with the broom out a window, the other you just have to pray and wait. Fortunately, nothing has stuck well enough to cause signal issues - yet.

Here's another thing to think about. Is there heavy weather between you and the satellites? It could also be heavy weather absorbing the signal before it gets to your dish.

I had no reception when I first checked this morning around 10am. Got up on the roof & cleaned off the 3 or so inches of icy snow in the center of my EA dish & then sprayed it with PAM cooking spray to keep the forecast ice off for tonight. All OK until the power went off an hour or so ago. Too lazy to go out & start the generator tonight, so wine, gas fireplace, & candles for now.

When I anticipate large accumulation of snow on the dish, since it's not really high on the edge of the roof, but still too high for me to brush off, I tape two brooms together really tight from each handle, of course I had to use a good amount of tape:)

We've had 18 inches since yesterday morning on top to the 8 inches we got last week and still haven't lost signal. My wife was watching the school closings this morning while I was getting ready for work and I thought she was watching OTA. She said no she was watching satellite. I probably shouldn't say anything I will jinx myself.

I only lost signal briefly last night - that I noticed. We watch DVR'd stuff almost exclusively.

Day before yesterday I tested the generator. No go. Looks like I did not run it dry last time. Anyone suggest self disassembly and cleaning the ports/carb, or just pay someone?

I measured several spots in my yard- 10" - 13".

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I only lost signal briefly last night - that I noticed. We watch DVR'd stuff almost exclusively.

Day before yesterday I tested the generator. No go. Looks like I did not run it dry last time. Anyone suggest self disassembly and cleaning the ports/carb, or just pay someone?

I measured several spots in my yard- 10" - 13".

I would clean it myself.Drain all the gas out from the bowl,clean it real good put in fresh gas,maybe change the plug.

Thanks. Disassembly may be a bother, but spring will be here "soon" enough.

Thanks. Disassembly may be a bother, but spring will be here "soon" enough.

What kind of ginny is it?I would have figured the carb bowl would be fairly easy to access.If it's all enclosed,or you have to take an arm and a leg off to get to it,then that's another story.

Some starting fluid directly into the carb may get it running long enough to clean itself out.

Have you tried starting ether? Spray it into the intake. That's what I do when I test my generator every couple of years. Then, if it has open turn the in line gas valve yo off and let it run till it dies.

Good ideas. Ones I should have thought of.

Tomorrow to the auto parts store!

image-3579718856.jpg

image-3285507146.jpg

image-4029907525.jpg

image-2508906951.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)