A letter to Comcast Sportsnet

krapfty36

Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
For those of you that have been reading my posts, thanks, but you probably think I am nuts about this... I guess I am, but oh well. I just sent the following to CSN Philly. Have a read and please feel free to use any or all of it to send your own email to the following address... askcsn@comcastsportsnet.com <askcsn@comcastsportsnet.com>
If I hear anything back from them, I will post the response... here is the email...

You are another in a long list of efforts I have been making to bring CSN Philadelphia to York County, PA, specifically, Hanover, PA. I moved to Hanover in 1999 from Bucks County, PA so, as you can probably imagine, I grew up a Flyers, Phillies, and Eagles fan. Unfortunately, upon my arrival here, I found that the area cable provider (Suscom) only carried CSN Mid-Atlantic. Not wanting to become a fan of any Baltimore/Washington teams, I have been forced to catch only the occasional Phillies game on UPN and very few if any Flyers games in 7 years especially with the NHL moving to OLN from ESPN.

When Comcast bought Suscom, I saw what I thought to be a ray of hope in getting CSN Philly in Hanover. I have been doing research and pretty much eveywhere in Central PA that has Comcast gets CSN Philly including Lancaster, Hershey, Harrisburg, and places as close as 20 miles from here like Mechanicsburg. From my research, I know you are going to tell me that Hanover is in the Balt./Wash DC market, but I don't buy it because apparently we are close enough to Philly to get Phillies games blacked out on ESPN during weeknight games and we also gets FSN-Pittsburgh not to mention that we have all Eagles games broadcast in this area as well. So, when taking into account all the factors of blackouts as well as other local cities that get CSN Philly, I fail to believe that CSN Philly can't be brought to York/Hanover.

I also know that there have been numerous requests for CSN Philly from people in this area and while your company says that there needs to be a large interest in a channel for it to be added, I can't imagine that there has been a large outcry for channels like Vavoom to be added, so what gives? If you are worried about the cost incurred by your subscribers to add CSN Philly, I would be willing to bet people would bite the bullet for a channel they would actually watch as opposed to adding a second Spanish channel like a customer service rep told me was possible. You're worried about the cost to the customer, but how about the cost to you for those customers who may not even subscribe to Comcast because of just one channel.

Comcast is a very powerful and very rich company which is maybe why you probably won't look out for the little guy like myself or surely the hundreds or thousands or potential customers in York County you could potentially alienate but not making the effort to get the one channel they want. I switced to DirectTV a year ago just because Suscom was not willing to get OLN. DirecTV hasn't really done much for me in terms of anything spectacular and I would love to switch to Comcast if CSN Philly can be added but if not, I have no desire to watch CSN Mid-Atlantic and will probably stay with DirectTV.

All the advertising and mailings I have received billing Comcast as "Comcastic" and how great it will be to be a customer of Comcast really has me questioning if you are all you are cracked up to be. LIke I said, I want to go with Comcast if the situation is right. I don't think it is too much to request CSN Philly for a town 100 miles from Philly. It's not like I live in Texas and want CSN Philly.
My hope is that you will take this and surely the many other emails and calls you have received about this topic under advisement and you will bring CSN Philly to the York/Hanover, PA area.

A response to this would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)