A little bit angry!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Beer Run

Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Okay, I'm new to this forum and unlike a lot of people I don't plan on dumping Dish just because I am not happy. I live in rural America so I don't have many options. Here is why I am angry, I spent lots of money on my two 721 receivers and have been relatively happy with them although I have had to reset my receiver every so often, not a real big deal. My complaint is, this Charlie kept saying that the 721's will get name based recording. Now it's like those of us who bought our receivers are forgotten. I understand it is all about the revenue stream, but it still make me angry and I wanted to get this off my chest.

Thanks,
Beer

Beer Run said:
Okay, I'm new to this forum and unlike a lot of people I don't plan on dumping Dish just because I am not happy. I live in rural America so I don't have many options. Here is why I am angry, I spent lots of money on my two 721 receivers and have been relatively happy with them although I have had to reset my receiver every so often, not a real big deal. My complaint is, this Charlie kept saying that the 721's will get name based recording. Now it's like those of us who bought our receivers are forgotten. I understand it is all about the revenue stream, but it still make me angry and I wanted to get this off my chest.

Thanks,
Beer
Welcome! :welcome
There aren't enough angry people on this site. :D

The smart thing would be to wait until all the promised features are in the receiver before you buy it. With DISH Notwerk that means 18mo. to 2 years after introduction of the product. DISH has a VERY BAD HISTORY of never putting all promised features on the receivers before they discontinue the product.

Heh, yeah, howdy...heh...

...I'm watching "just one of the guys", man what a rack...

...what was the question? Oh, um, NBR, are you familiar with it? Have you had it before? If yes, why on earth did you dump tivo...If not, you're not missing anything...

All you can do is wait for 721 to get it, or (is it available?) should have bought a box that already had it. That's the only way to make sure you'll get it, as mentioned...

...even though we all know a software download can take anything away at any time...

As a new owner of a 721, I do *not* want NBR! I mean it may be a nice feature, but nly God knows how long it will take to iron out the bugs if NBR is added to this box. Please fix the existing 721 bugs first.

FYI, charlie never said the 721 or 921 would get NBR. He only said the remaining 5xx models would get it

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
I know that a lot of people rant and rave about Dish but with all the problems, I'm staying with them. I live in a small town and the cable company here the sucks very bad from what I've heard. I guess the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Beer :)

BFG said:
FYI, charlie never said the 721 or 921 would get NBR. He only said the remaining 5xx models would get it
Actually, I believe he did indeed state the 721 would get it. I'm sure someobody here who pays attention to such things can provide the exact quote and date of the broadcast. In later broadcats, he would omit the 721 when giving a timetable.

Well anyways NBR was never an advertised feature when the product released so it kinda baffles me how people can get so irrate over something they think they're entitled to when they aren't.

It's like buying a computer with windows 98 and then demanding that you're computer be upgraded to Windows XP for free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)