A look at the new MIX Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is some information and screen shots of the new MIX Channels from DirecTV.

Attachments

• DIRECTV Mix Channels.pdf
    83.1 KB · Views: 4,169
  • kidsmixED.jpg
    kidsmixED.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 285
  • newsmixED.jpg
    newsmixED.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 277
  • sportsmixED.jpg
    sportsmixED.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 295
I noticed that NewsMix swapped C-Span for CNBC yesterday when CNBC was in their "informercial" mode.

I bet those are PR releases and the actual output of the graphic design software, and not screen caps.

I agree. The corners are too square and to be able to capture all six screens without motion artifacts is truely a miracle. However, it is a neat concept, but IMHO, a waste of bandwidth.

Well, that is what I meant. It's so fake the res appears to be HD.

All receivers will get the channels and allow its audio, but reading the other posts say that only the new D* issued D10 will allow you to "highlight" a channel box and tune it.

My husband brought these up when I came home from work ... "Aren't these a complete waste of a perfectly good channel" was the basic message, along with "who likes this anyhow?"

I'd just had a caller that day who'd raved at me for about 30 minutes about how fantastic these channels are and how excited she was to have them.

Incidentally, it made my husband's point.

--Elf

Actually IF all receivers could use these channels (not just the lackluster D10) then I kind of like them. The ability to highlight a channel & listen while watching other channels is interesting. Not everyday, but perhaps during NFL playoffs, Tsunami coverage etc I think it could be nice. My holdup is the receiver issue.

I should note that my caller didn't have a receiver with the ability to do the interactive thing ... she was just listening to the music on the kids' mix channel and watching six simultaneous broadcasts. :D

--Elf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts