A New Petition for Universal Studios to Support Blu-ray

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not a huge fan of MS either, but there is an important difference between the two.....

Sony wants control of the content. They will do everything and everything to try to exert control over content and restrict fair use, to exploit consumers for as much as they can, by making them pay for content over and over since their media is not portable to other formats in most cases.

MS wants control of the delivery system and will do whatever they can to increase market share to crippling levels, even if they have to give stuff away for free to consumers to accomplish it. They encourage open standards (no Ipods/ITunes monopolies) and would prefer that content be as easily portable as possible, subject to limited rights constraints of course...

The latter seems to easily be the lesser of two evils in my book....

They encourage open standards (no Ipods/ITunes monopolies) and would prefer that content be as easily portable as possible, subject to limited rights constraints of course...

Hello, ZUNE! Microsoft DOES NOT encourage open standards. If they do, its because they created it and want to try and drive the market with it and don't have to pay license revenue to others.

They support portability as long as Windows is the OS that drives the systems.

A Zune can play content that is also available on my PC, My XBox360, my car, and my audio server. A song I buy from ITunes is only available on an IPod, the laptop/PC that the ITunes is loaded on, and maybe a CD you can burn for your car. Otherwise, it doesn't play well with others....

Maybe I'm wrong, but my son has an IPod, and I couldn't play a track he bought on the mp3 player in my Treo.

An iPod can play content that is available for other devices too. What about songs bought from the Zune store? I think you'll find those choices as limited as the iPod's, but availability will be on the XBox360. What others will it play on? Three times on another Zune? You are locked in, just like Apple does it. There is no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts