A "portable" C-band dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I prefer this one...

portable.jpeg

Over-engineered ;) I like old school porta-bud

Attachments

• 2008 -12-11 demo trailer 004.jpg
    2008 -12-11 demo trailer 004.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 342
Tron - show 'em a picture on your 6' Sadoun on a pallet.

Iceberg - did you ever operate one of your Sadoun 6'ers from the bed of your truck?
I seem to recall a Ku dish there one time.

BITD we had a rental BUD (Superbowl and some other events). A few times the renter ended up buying the BUD. Then we'd just drop it and bury the cable.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 246
Back in the 1980s, the guy that got me into this satellite hobby had a 10' Unimesh on a trailer for demo. It must have been tricky driving down these back farm roads around here. It looks pretty much like what Magic Static posted.

I picked up an 8 ft solid a few weeks ago. I'm starting to get some ideas!
If you just can't stick a hole in the ground... search for threads on the 6' Prodelin solid dish. Lots of members have 'em. Linuxman & Phlatwound have fine pictures, as do many others. The dishes nearly always come on a big non-penetrating roof mount (NPRM). ?And are often cheap or free. That mount should hold your 8' dish, just close to the ground. The 6' offset is a top notch dish, but not really the best choice for 95% of the members.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts