A Pretty Good Deal On Sirius Radios

If I don't have the equipment, how can they have started the clock?

My only issue is that I strongly disagree with Sirius starting the clock on when my 1 year subscription started. If I don't have the equipment yet because Sirius hasn't shipped it, how can they start the clock on when my year subscription begins? I can live with them delaying shipment for as long as it takes for them to get the equipment in, but I have a Sirius (nice pun) problem with the way they're handling the activation date.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but when you buy a yearly subscription you get a month free, only, you have the wait 6-9 days to get it, so, you get 3 weeks free. I'm not sure what the real complaint is, other than you aren't getting all your free time. If you were actually paying for that time, then I could see getting upset.

I did notice today that the web site shows a 12 digit ESN number. I don't think that was there before today, so at least there is something happening with the order after 6 days or so. Regarding the activation date, Im not going to get too worked up over a week or so, if that's what it amounts to, considering the good price break on the hardware.

I ordered mine well before the Stern promotion, so I shouldn't be at the back of that queue. If it doesn't showed as shipped in the next few days, I'm going to get more concerened.

Sirius_Rich said:
If anyone has any concerns over their recently placed order, don't worry. It will come. On Siriusbackstage.com shipments/arrivals are reported in 2 to 6 business days. Call Sirius Customer Care and check if you wish @ (888) 549-7474.

No trying to defend Sirius, but this promotion generated 10's of thousands of orders and more than likely swamped them. The price is right and Sirius should be given a small break on lack of communication. I have yet to hear of anyone NOT getting their radios. :)

Thank you! :) That's more information than I've gotten from Sirius and it's good news! However, it doesn't take much in the (computer) programming department to have the order system spit out an automated "Thank You for Your Order" email; at least then you know you're on their radar. But I am calmer now (thanks Sirius_Rich) and we'll see what transpires. :rolleyes:

Sirius_Rich said:
If anyone has any concerns over their recently placed order, don't worry. It will come. On Siriusbackstage.com shipments/arrivals are reported in 2 to 6 business days.

What is this...? A status page or just general info?

I'm now hearing that they've run out of the Audiovox and are trying to substitute.

Anybody order theirs from the Stern offer?

I tried to get in on the deal and I was having a problem on the Sirius site with my existing account. For some reason I kept getting an error on my login name. Anyway, I called Sirius and apparently they are out of the Audiovox PnP and they are substituting with the Xact PnP. You can have the car, home, or boombox with it and they will be shipped in 2 wks. Sounded like a pretty good deal to me. I was reading all about the Xact
http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12438&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
while I was on hold with Sirius. All you have to pay is shipping. Basically the same deal as the Audiovox.

I'm not concerned about my order - I know they are busy... but where can I go on the website to see my order status? I see other people talking about seeing their order status and ESN... but when I log into my account I don't see an order status button...

I called now

Hi,

After reading all of this about them being out, I called. I had ordered from the website at about 12:00 AM 11/20. My order was showing Complete, but with no ship or delivery info. I told the rep, that I was concerned as I'd heard they ran out. She looked up my account and said she was 99% sure that my order was early enough to have avoided the short supply of the Audiovox. She then told me the name of the sub receiver if I didn't get the Audiovox (I forget the name, but someone in the thread mentioned the name earlier). She said part of my order was still being processed, and that I should see it update either tonight or sometime on Wed. I guess I selected ground shipping, so she said I should have it in hand in 10 days or so.

Just wanted to let you know what I found. I want to thank this forum, for telling about the Howard promotion. I was going to do this at some point, but that deal made it happen now. I've enjoyed it on the Dish Network.

Jim

doogie said:
I'm not concerned about my order - I know they are busy... but where can I go on the website to see my order status? I see other people talking about seeing their order status and ESN... but when I log into my account I don't see an order status button...

I've been watching my order via https://home.sirius.com/webCUWI/Login.aspx

Logging in to Existing Accounts, the next page includes a Service Plan Information section, with an ESN Number, Service Title and Activation Date.

The Order History section shows the Order ID, Order Date, Total Cost, Ship Date, Status, and Tracking Number. For my order, placed on 11/15, everything is filled in, except for a Ship Date and Tracking Number. I'm watching patiently for something more to happen, hopefully positive.

lblampman said:
Well...my Audiovox PnP2 did show up today! :) I ordered mine on Nov 11th. I checked on my Subscriber Home Page (https://home.sirius.com/webCUWI/Login.aspx) and it still doesn't show the ship date or tracking number; even after I received the radio! I agree with Sirius_Rich, they do show up it's just that no one can tell you when or how. :eek:

That's encouraging. Sirius processed the credit card charge for my unit on the 20th, which showed up against my account today, so hopefully mine is actually in transit, despite the lack of Ship Date or Tracking info. on the web site.

I ordered on 11/14; my Clarion and two car kits showed up yesterday. Unfortunately, my wife won't allow me to open it until Christmas (the hardware -- even though it's free-- and the service are part of my Christmas present). I know; I'm the guy who was complaining about losing a week of my service because of shipping delays. As it turns out the delay wasn't unreasonable, and I've been trapped by "wife logic".

My SIRPNP2 and car kit was delivered today, the 24th, having been ordered on 11/15. The Ship Date and Tracking numbers never did get into the web order status, but the twelve digit ESN number that they plugged in last Saturday matches the SID number on the actual unit, so an entry in that field may be a key that the order has progressed to shipment stage.

Fortunately, I don't have to wait until Christmas to open and install it. My wife has learned, after 44 fun-filled years, not to get between me and new electronic toys. She may have a bit of a problem with me working on it while the grandchildren are here for Thanksgiving, though. I hope I can get it working tonight.

mcamden said:
As it turns out the delay wasn't unreasonable, and I've been trapped by "wife logic".
You've got to be joking... Right??? :confused:

Man, do I ever feel sorry for you. Everyone else here will let you know how good their sat radio's sound.. Won't we guys??

:music :music :music

My JVC PnP always sounds good. :)

I can't wait until they start their holiday music on stream 4 tomorrow. Now I will have continuous holiday tunes until the new year. Sirius in the car and Satelliteguys at work and at home.

My wife is the same way. I know I'm getting the Simpsons season 3 DVD set yet I can't open it until Christmas.

I did a quicky install on the Forester today, just to check it out. I was surprised that the unit is as large, thick and heavy as it is. I had never seen one in real life before. Just managed to squeeze it in between the cup holder and the shift. Another quarter inch wider or deeper, and I would have been in trouble fitting it in, but it looks pretty good in that spot. If I ever have to shift down to first gear (auto), I may bang a knuckle, but I have never yet had to use that gear.

We took a test run to San Diego and back, and around our area, and it works great. We listened mostly to the Classic Symphony and Pops channels, along with a little talk radio, and the sound is great through the FM modulator. We only had one very brief signal interruption while we passed under the freeway.

My wife loves it too, so I have temporarily been forgiven for buying too many gadgets recently. That may end next week, when my new monitor shows up at the door.

vicw said:
We only had one very brief signal interruption while we passed under the freeway.

Isn't there a stream buffer on any of these units? It would really be annoying to have it skip in larger cities or under every bridge. *Booo - Hisss!!* :down