A Pretty Good Deal On Sirius Radios

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
According to Sirius the 4 second buffer is part of their service, so it wouldn't matter what PNP you have.

From their website:

While we do have in place an extensive network of ground repeaters in many metropolitan areas, factors such as microwaves and physical obstruction (bridges and tunnels) may temporarily disrupt signal reception. This problem is largely held at bay by the four-second buffer created by slight broadcasting delays between our two satellites orbiting over the continental United States. In addition, SIRIUS has in place an extensive ground network of repeaters, which rebroadcast our signal in densely populated areas.

Hope this answers your question Mark!! :)

Thanks.. Yes it did.

FTFM comes to mind... You should have told me that. LOL ;)

I'm still waiting for my radio. Ordered on 11/19 and still have no word on it.

Finally got into my account and all it says is 'completed'

Tried calling CS and the phone has been busy.

I'm hoping it comes soon or my free month, will be free. Free of me listening to it. :(

Neutron said:
According to Sirius the 4 second buffer is part of their service, so it wouldn't matter what PNP you have.

Uhh, that isn't going to help unless your unit is seeing more than one satellite (I'd like to know how it knows which one it's using in the case of a dropout). Just like you can't tell if there's a 5-second delay in transmission on live TV; once the data stream hits the airwaves its real time. So the only way you could consistently avoid dropout is if your unit buffered the data stream for a few seconds.

I'd say based on the number of folks remarking on dropouts from going under overpasses and such that there isn't much substance to the 4-second buffer feature although this probably has a lot to do with where you're located.

Finally got thru and talked with CSR Crystal. She gave me a tracking #.

According to OOPS... I mean... UPS, it should be here tomorrow.

Well... I ordered my free XAct radio on the 23rd of Nov... and still the website info for me (under ESN) says PENDING... ARGH.... I saw in some previous posts that a lot of people received their radios within 10-12 days of ordering... and still I don't even have an ESN yet... I'm taking a 4 hr ride to Lancaster, PA tomorrow... was hoping to have the tunes... but, guess not :(

Well, mine finally showed up yesterday. I ordered on 11/20 and received it on 12/02. I called a second time and was given a tracking number. Based on setting it up, playing with it last night, and the commute into work this AM, it is AWESOME. Sound is fantastic, and even playing through the FM tuner, much louder and clearer than the regular FM. My ONLY "problem" was there is only 4 selections for setting the FM signal it uses. 3 were in use in my area (LA) and the one that was not "in use" was picking up the signal (badly) from the next station on the dial. It was okay in the driveway, but as soon as I pulled out, it was VERY bad. Resolved this by pulling over, and unscrewing the attena from the car, then it was perfect. I picked up my 7 year old and her friend from the Girl Scouts, and put on "kidstuff" station. They LOVED it. I'm liking the 70's & Uncut Comedy channels a lot already. I've now ordered the boombox from Amazon ($77) as I'm going to want this in the garage when I'm working out there etc. One of my better "tech" buys in a while. Took a while to figure out where to put the unit, as it was bigger than I thought it would. I have an Explorer and it was hard finding a place where it would "stay put".
Good luck for those still waiting, it is worth the wait.

Also meant to thank the ones who posted the "Howard" deal here. That offer is what finally "pushed" me to buy it. Whatta deal :)

If you have an extra $20.00 you might want to consider that FM switch I was hunting for in the other thread(from Audiovox)... Best of both worlds. Sirius and Locals without unscrewing antennas. :D

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=245997&postcount=14

Although, after using mine for 3 days now, I see NO NEED to have a local station at all. I love TWC and the old time radio classics. Classic Rewind is tops too! And... and.. and... ;)

Yes, I was reading your trials in trying to find it, and I did consider it last night. However, there is SO much stuff blocking the radio, I could not even FEEL the wire. But after just the one day, I see no reason for locals. LA traffic is on there, and that's the only thing I would need a local for. The best part is, between the PVR on the TV and Sirius in the car, I've eliminated commercials from my life altogeather. That ALONE makes it worthwhile.
I'm with you about the classic radio. Last night there was a Burns and Allen show, which I love. It DOES crack me up (like it did with Dish Network) to think of billions of dollars in tech orbiting the earth so you can watch a 40 year old sitcom or listen to a 60 year old radio show.
Is anyone aware of a sched for the classic radio channel, or is it 'hit and miss'

Thanks

Thanks for posting the link. It'll be nice to know when to look for the ones I like most.

Thanks again!

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts