A situation to ponder...

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
My brother is also a E* subscriber. He currently has a Dish 500 setup, no external switches, Two lines running to a 522 w/ backfeed to back to his bedroom. He also has third line from sat going to his daughters bedroom to a 311. Both receivers on lease.

Being the family tech consultant, he's asked my help in upgrading things a bit. We just got him a new HDTV for the living room, plus he wants to add a TV to an exercise room. To do this he wanted to replace the 311 and get his daughter her own 522 to run both her bedroom and the exercise room. He'll also need a Dish 1000 or second dish for 61.5 (for HD), and, I assume, and DPP44 to run three sats to a pair of dual tuners.

First thought was upgrade the 311 to a 622, and relocate the 522 to her bedroom. That way the Dish 1000 or second dish would be included, but with E* dragging their feet on the 622 lottery, this may not be viable for several months.

SOOO...that leaves me with a couple questions. If waiting a little bit for a 622 is a better option, what could be done short-term to get the new room up a running? Would he be allowed to upgrade the 311 to a second 522 now, and if he did, would this kill his eligibility (or force him to wait a year) to upgrade to a 622 for the $300 fee?

If he got the second 522 now and waited on HD, could this be done with only a second line run from the Dish 500 to the bedroom, or would a switch need to be added?

Other suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts