A start to a la carte?

These kind of packages were the norm in Canada for a number of years. Ultimately, they provided the illusion of choice but not much savings as there was always a desirable channel you wanted on another bundle and they designed it that way to encourage you to take many or all of them. By the time you were done getting your "must haves", there wasn't much savings. But if you could weed out a few of them, you could shave maybe 20% off the bill.

Hard to comparing two territories. SAT from two provider is less of 2M. Cable companies reported a total of 8.8 million subscribers in 2013 (CRTC). All company is native (none is FDI?). Is obvious that Taxes, payroll, ect, is high in Canada and then cost is high, The basic local broadcast package is $30.00 per month? in the past the only premium channel cost $20.00 per month. event cellular services cost the double with out unlimited services. (and it is not at fault for the a-la-carte option in cable services)

I bet Dish's contract allows them to sell the WP & SP without ESPN because they don't do much national advertising/promotion for those two packages. For a long time, Welcome Pack was only available by calling, and not all the reps even knew about it. It has been brought out of the shadows a bit by us in the forums here, but I bet the average Dish customer has no idea about it unless they call up and want to cancel or downgrade programming significantly and then the rep might offer it. So Verizon might even say if Dish can do that, they can too. Because I bet Verizon won't heavily promote their new package either. And, yes, while the price is not the lowest - when I consider that the packages include fiber optic broadband, it doesn't seem too bad. I'm sure it serves a goal of keeping someone with Verizon's video service rather than dropping to internet only.

the trick is that ESPN/ESPN2 and DISNEY going to one of the two popular package in the cable company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts