AAD - Is Out of Business

They should create a law, where you must sub to your local market channels. Then that way congress doesn't complain that enough viewers aren't watching their ads in their home city. In addition if you sub to your local market channels, you may sub to one out-of-market local package.

Ixnay on the awlay idea.;)

They should create a law, where you must sub to your local market channels. Then that way congress doesn't complain that enough viewers aren't watching their ads in their home city. In addition if you sub to your local market channels, you may sub to one out-of-market local package.

So call your congresscritter and suggest it. :) Let us know how that goes for you.

Hey some real positive thinking. Great idea doubt if it will fly but if no one tries? I would suggest that one local sub includes one distant package free plus one more for an additional fee.

Broken News:

Dear Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We understand your concern and we’ll be glad to assist you regarding the Distanat Networks. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you.
Please be advised that effective on February 25th, all American Direct will cease operations and discontinue their broadcast of distant networks. This change has no impact to DISH-provided local channels or a customer's ability to view over-the-air locals.
DISH will no longer broadcast the LA and NY distant network channels to RV and Commercial vehicle customers. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, if you wish to receive distant network channels for your RV, All American Direct (AAD), a separate company not associated with DISH, offers distant networks from San Francisco and New York in SD to RV owners. You can still use your current equipment, so there is nothing to buy or upgrade.
To get more information or sign up, contact All American Direct by visiting www.mydistantnetworks.com.
For immediate resolution, you may send email at questions@misdistantnetworks.com or call 1-800-909-9677. They are in a better position to assist you regarding your concern.
We appreciate your business and are always happy to be of service.
Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,
Lorraine T. / CGM
TID: OR-Cadillac
DISH eCare
** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. *

Just Received. Dead Links, The Phone has a message " Number discontinued and there is no new number"

Are they for real at DISH. Anyhow give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck everyone

:confused:

Broken News:

Dear Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We understand your concern and we’ll be glad to assist you regarding the Distanat Networks. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you.
Please be advised that effective on February 25th, all American Direct will cease operations and discontinue their broadcast of distant networks. This change has no impact to DISH-provided local channels or a customer's ability to view over-the-air locals.
DISH will no longer broadcast the LA and NY distant network channels to RV and Commercial vehicle customers. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, if you wish to receive distant network channels for your RV, All American Direct (AAD), a separate company not associated with DISH, offers distant networks from San Francisco and New York in SD to RV owners. You can still use your current equipment, so there is nothing to buy or upgrade.
To get more information or sign up, contact All American Direct by visiting www.mydistantnetworks.com.
For immediate resolution, you may send email at questions@misdistantnetworks.com or call 1-800-909-9677. They are in a better position to assist you regarding your concern.
We appreciate your business and are always happy to be of service.
Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,
Lorraine T. / CGM
TID: OR-Cadillac
DISH eCare
** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. *

Just Received. Dead Links, The Phone has a message " Number discontinued and there is no new number"

Are they for real at DISH. Anyhow give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck everyone

:confused:

Let's see: How fast can I combine two form letters and get rid of this?......... :rolleyes:

that kind of defeats the rule that "if locals are available you cannot get distant stations"

i guess i am confused as to why folks "need" (their words, not mine) distants when locals are available

I understand the sports thing which is fine but is seeing news from san francisco really "that cool?". I mean I get Fox & ABC from LA due to the fact Directv doesnt carry my locals yet. We have only CBS & NBC subchannel so I qualify for ABC & FOX. I guess if I am really bored I'll watch the news from there.

Network programming to me is the same if its from LA, NY, Kansas City or Glendive, MT. I guess the neat thing here is CBS is an hour early (6-9 MT) and its been like that for 20+ years.
I guess back in the day before DVR's it would help alleviate conflicts but with DVR's now its a moot point.

So what am I missing?

So what am I missing?

Because some like sports, some like scifi, some novelas, some reality, and some miss home news or news from another area. It's what makes us all different (and that is makes us all special).

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

What you're "missing" is an alternate voice in local news. In some markets, local TV stations' news operations from all 'BIG-4' networks are all run from the same newsroom, so no matter which channel you watch, you hear the same stories, presented by the same talent, usually in the same order. The allure to the Distant Networks, at least for me, was that it was possible to get different opinions from a different market. Someone earlier in this thread accused me of "stealing five cents from Judge Judy." I don't give a rat's ass about Judge Judy any more than I care about the Douchbaggians, or the Real Hooker Housewives, or the Jersey Whores, or Honey BooBrat or any of that crap. but if something happens such as a hurricane or earthquake, it's sure nice to be able to get caught up quickly with breaking news. Also, the west-coast feeds were nice to have for primetime, in case football or NASCAR delay Sunday Night programming to the point of pre-emption. Anyone willing to pay for out-of-market locals should be allowed to do so, as long as they are also subscribed to their own market.

What you're "missing" is an alternate voice in local news. In some markets, local TV stations' news operations from all 'BIG-4' networks are all run from the same newsroom, so no matter which channel you watch, you hear the same stories, presented by the same talent, usually in the same order.
i know what you're talking about. we have a 5 minute newscast at 4:55 on NBC and again at 9:55 on CBS (same taped newscast). all other newscasts are piped in from Billings which is 200 miles away.

The allure to the Distant Networks, at least for me, was that it was possible to get different opinions from a different market.
i guess if you're excited to see a quadruple homicide in la go for it. the top news stories would be played on a newscast whether its in market 1 or market 210.

i can understand maybe some unique programming on the distant station (again sports) but other than the oddball syndicated show that is not on in the local market its pretty much the same thing. i know the syndicated programming here is not in hd so i guess if you want to see "bethenny" or "Dr Phil" in HD then I could see wanting the distants

again I guess to each its own

The biggest for me, besides my hometown sports, is PBS. There is plenty of locally-produced content on the local PBS that isn't available anywhere else.

that kind of defeats the rule that "if locals are available you cannot get distant stations"

You missed the whole idea! Not defeat the rule, the intent is to get rid of it forever and send the demonic critters responsible for it back to where they came :rant:from.

I don't believe there are any of the big four on [119]. Even the NY ones that show I don't believe are what you get if you say you live there, it would still be spotbeam.

Not true. An NYC DMA service address with an MPEG2 SD receiver and a Dish 300 aimed at 119 receives 7 locals from ConUS transponders: the big 4 plus NY supers from transponder 20, and ION from transponder 14.

Been that way for years; could change tomorrow for all I know.

The Dish PQ is not as good as AAD was – which is why I kept AAD when it switched from horrible Atlanta feeds to much better NY feeds – and iirc, last time I checked, there was a longer time delay with Dish than there was with AAD.

Not true. An NYC DMA service address with an MPEG2 SD receiver and a Dish 300 aimed at 119 receives 7 locals from ConUS transponders: the big 4 plus NY supers from transponder 20, and ION from transponder 14.

Been that way for years; could change tomorrow for all I know.

The Dish PQ is not as good as AAD was – which is why I kept AAD when it switched from horrible Atlanta feeds to much better NY feeds – and iirc, last time I checked, there was a longer time delay with Dish than there was with AAD.

Correct. Several dish subs have told me that have similar setups with NY conus feeds from Dish.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

The best reason for having distant nets is to be able to get the network programming when your local decides they want to preempt to network program to show some stupid local "name the sport" game.

You missed the whole idea! Not defeat the rule, the intent is to get rid of it forever and send the demonic critters responsible for it back to where they came :rant:from.

If I live in New York how is it that I can read the LA times, visit KTLA's web site but not watch KTLA on my TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That depends.
1. You pay for the local newspaper, you do not pay for the local OTA Network news. In exchange for not paying for the OTA networks and their programming and other performance rights, there are restrictions on getting other ones. That's the law, like it or not and has been forever. Want to change that then you may have to also start paying for local OTA.

2. You pay for the newspaper, you have to get Satellite/Cable to get the Networks because there is no way to get OTA so you are paying for them also. If there truely is no way to receive them free OTA, that's where I agree - you should still have the choice as you once did to get out of DMA networks if someone will provide them. That was not law, it is new and when the affiliates can now charge the carrier for you to watch them that is even more reason you should be given a choice.

What you're "missing" is an alternate voice in local news. In some markets, local TV stations' news operations from all 'BIG-4' networks are all run from the same newsroom, so no matter which channel you watch, you hear the same stories, presented by the same talent, usually in the same order. The allure to the Distant Networks, at least for me, was that it was possible to get different opinions from a different market. Someone earlier in this thread accused me of "stealing five cents from Judge Judy." I don't give a rat's ass about Judge Judy any more than I care about the Douchbaggians, or the Real Hooker Housewives, or the Jersey Whores, or Honey BooBrat or any of that crap. but if something happens such as a hurricane or earthquake, it's sure nice to be able to get caught up quickly with breaking news. Also, the west-coast feeds were nice to have for primetime, in case football or NASCAR delay Sunday Night programming to the point of pre-emption. Anyone willing to pay for out-of-market locals should be allowed to do so, as long as they are also subscribed to their own market.

Was reading your signature, you realize that Vizio TVs are not made in the USA. I don't believe any TVs are manufactured in the USA.

I'm guessing most local stations stream their newscasts (their limited by contracts on what else they can stream). So you CAN watch news in other locations, and not have to pay anything more (presumably you already have internet). And you can watch it wherever you are, you don't have to be at home in front of your TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts