AAD not affected by FOX/Dish dispute

bradfordj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2009
CA
A spokeman for Sobongo/All American Direct has stated that the dispute between FOX/Dish network will not affect customers who receive their distant FOX networks from AAD. Even though you need a Dish receiver to receive distant networks from AAD, they are two separate entities. If FOX decides to pull all local FOX networks from Dish network, people with AAD will still see the distant FOX networks. We can all bet that come November 1, there will be a lot of Dish customers "moving".

glad to hear this.

I live in one of the areas (Santa Barbara DMA)that can get a FOX distant from AAD,because we cannot receive Fox OTA .So even since Dishnetwork were to turn off our FOX I still can receive FOX LA through AAD(Sobongo).However since our local Fox is affiliated with are CBS station we problably wont lose either.I guess i am one of the few who will be able to get 2 Fox channels.
Dont watch much on FOX anymore but still glad I wont lose.

I live in one of the areas (Santa Barbara DMA)that can get a FOX distant from AAD,because we cannot receive Fox OTA .So even since Dishnetwork were to turn off our FOX I still can receive FOX LA through AAD(Sobongo).However since our local Fox is affiliated with are CBS station we problably wont lose either.I guess i am one of the few who will be able to get 2 Fox channels.
Dont watch much on FOX anymore but still glad I wont lose.
Why? You have a local FOX channel for you area carried by all providers, KKFX. Even though you cannot pick it up OTA, you can still get it through your provider

Like having LA FOX

Why? You have a local FOX channel for you area carried by all providers, KKFX. Even though you cannot pick it up OTA, you can still get it through your provider
The reason I subscribe to FOX LA is I like to watch LA news in HD,we have KTLA also buts its only in SD.Being in between big cities having a channel in the LA area is cool.Just like having that option.

I am in the Atlanta DMA, but about 70 miles from the Fox antenna, so it is very difficult to receive OTA. If Fox pulls the Atlanta station Nov. 1, then it will no longer be provided by Dish, so I assume that I can receive a distant network Fox station. What say the experts?

If you use an address that qualifies for distant networks like I did, you can get all 4 networks from L.A. market. It is like "moving" with DISH . I get locals from Houston because I "moved"with DISH and with AAD I used a Washington state address that qualifies for L.A. distants . You can add one or all 4 nets . All 4 nets are 12.99 a month.

WWOR is owned by Fox but its carriage as a superstation is not subject to negotiation. It likely will afect it in the NY DMA but not outside that area.

If you use an address that qualifies for distant networks like I did, you can get all 4 networks from L.A. market. It is like "moving" with DISH . I get locals from Houston because I "moved"with DISH and with AAD I used a Washington state address that qualifies for L.A. distants . You can add one or all 4 nets . All 4 nets are 12.99 a month.
What would be a city in Washington State that would allow one not to need a waiver?

I wish I better understood how this moving thing worked. I was able to see eligable online for Long Haven, PA and fill out the information, but when I called it in, the CSR told me that Long Haven, PA was ineligible. I don't know, maybe online is the only way to do this? If I could hear from any other movers out there on how they were able to sign up, I'd appreciate it.