Aargh ... VOOM went dark in the middle of my movie!

They're gone, they're all gone.

D*mn Dish. They could have set it up to allow each program to complete before turning them off

Bummer. I managed to get all of "Crimes and Misdemeanors before FilmFest went off Monday, but had other stuff programmed. The reason I chose Dish is now gone. So on Direct, do I have to pay $10 a month for HDNetMovies and MGM-HD?

Well, I got those Zatoichi films and other Kung Fu flicks, time to put them on the external hard disk I guess cause I don't think I'll find them on any channel soon.

Everyone that is pissed better send off an email or a phone call to dish asap.

I feel sorry for all the retailers that have to throw out all the old advertisements that have Voom stuff on them. What a waste.

They also removed my favs with VOOM, does Direct have a channel that has foreign language films and the same movies as monsters and kungfu. Do they have a standalone HD package.

Here's the one I sent...

To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to express my disapproval of the removal of the Voom channels. Voom is what initially caused me to purchase an HD receiver from you, and I was one of the subscribers who paid an extra $5 to receive it.

Now, I agree that Voom’s quality has degraded over the past year. I appreciate DISH putting pressure on them to improve. And I understand that this was a business decision.

However, what I don’t appreciate is being talked down to by your press releases and advertising. You claim to have added 22 new HD channels. Never mind that 2 of them are regional, and 3 of them were already on the air…I understand how advertising works, and 48 hours ago, I was pleased to have 17 new HD channels on the air. However, 14 of those were channels that were already on the air in an SD version, and contain limited HD programming. One of the other original HD channels (WFN) is a bit questionable- I’ve yet to see any HD on it, and I wouldn’t be interested if it was. But overall, more HD is better, and I was a very happy customer.

2 days later and I have much LESS HD programming available to me than I did last week. I have 12 FEWER channel choices than I did a week ago. And I’m willing to bet I’m paying the same amount. Perhaps the quality of the HD programming that is available may be slightly higher now. But you aren’t advertising that you have higher quality HD than you did before. You are advertising MORE. And that simply isn’t true.

I pay an extra $10 a month for the HD upgraded package- primarily for the Voom channels. I enjoy HDNet Movies, and these new MGM and Smithsonian channels look great. But really, I must question whether I am willing to pay $10 extra to receive them. This package once contained 19 extra channels…it now contains 7. I have always considered DISH packages to be a good value, but this is unacceptable. What if you had a package that contained 190 channels and you cut it to 70 without cutting the price. Do you think people wouldn’t notice?

Again…I am in advertising and marketing. I understand how this move will benefit you. It helps attract new customers. But I don’t feel you should slap your best, highest spending, most loyal customers in the face to attract someone new.

Am I going to make an empty threat to switch to your competitor? No. I still prefer the product you offer. In the end you’ll still be better off and you don’t really care what I have to say. Maybe I drop my package $10 or $20, but you attract 50 new people for every one of us that cuts our spending a little. I just to prefer to run MY business by treating my loyal customers BETTER. It’s just a philosophy I have.

I wake up in the morning and find they killed off the last 5 VOOM channels that were probably the most popular. There were some great movies coming up this month that I were looking forward to watching. I wonder what will be gone when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Is it possible that after Dish cancelled 15 of the 20 stations (or whatever it was), Voom just said F it and pulled the plug on themselves? Closed up shop and sent everyone home?

I can't imagine Dish would have updated their website to just show the remaining 5, when they planned on shutting them down two days later.

Is it possible that after Dish cancelled 15 of the 20 stations (or whatever it was), Voom just said F it and pulled the plug on themselves? Closed up shop and sent everyone home?

I can't imagine Dish would have updated their website to just show the remaining 5, when they planned on shutting them down two days later.

I would be shocked if it happened that way. I suspect Voom had/has every intention of fighting this to the death (as they should). Dish probably just pulled a fast one before Voom could find a way to force Dish to keep the channels on.

It could all be part of their research. Do they get more complaints today, than they did yesterday? Do more people want to drop to HD Essentials than yesterday?

Although I was annoyed yesterday, I didn't consider the pull a blow to the value of that package until today.

I really love HDNet Movies, MGM and Smithsonian look cool, and Universal is OK too. But I may have to drop down just to make a statement.

I suggest anyone who is not happy with this keep writing Dish customer service and the CEO (link to his email in a post above this one). I for one was thrilled at the addition of the new channels the other day, but I am very upset about the loss of Monsters HD, Film Fest, Rave and News HD (which was all news in true HD, much more than CNN has in true HD).

This sucks. I watched Voom alot.

This is probably one of the worst ways that I have seen a business handle their current customers. Hopefully Scott will drill Charlie on this on Saturday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts