AB IPBox 9000HD (NEW)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe this would be the Tuner for Blind Scanning.

How did the Blind Scan go?
Did you compare to Lyngsat?

Tuner #1 is the tuner that I am using currently, so that is good that it is the SHARP tuner for Blind Scanning then. I am investigating the Blind scan mode now. It did pull in several feeds from Galaxy 16, but the TPs could have already been in the list, so I cannot say if it added a hot TP or just scanned what was already listed. I would have to factory reset the box and write down the TPs listed, then rescan to see if it does indeed pick up new TPs.

It is a bit of a quirky machine. One thing that I do not care too much for is that when you are using a DiSEqC switch, you have to set the switch port up properly at the first initial entry, because it will not allow you to alter it later unless you factory reset the box and start from scratch.

Also, the first four selections for DiSEqC port assignments are A, B, C, D and then it moves on to 1, 2, 3..... etc. You need to utilize the alpha letter assignments and not the numeric port numbers. The numeric port assignments must be for a multiswitch use????

It is also a pain as you have to navigate to several menus in order to set up one individual satellite. It isn't laid out very nicely in this regard.

It does update the firmware quite nicely through the ethernet port connected to my router, but you have to verify the size of the firmware file first. If it is a large file - and I am not certain of the dividing line - the buffer in the receiver doesn't like it and it will lock up or overrun the buffer. You need to use the USB port with a flash drive for the large files (which is what another person recommended) but I perceive that the RS232 or ethernet would work, you just have to download the file to your PC instead of the STB's buffer.

RADAR

I did determine how to scan one satellite only. When you go into the scan mode, if you tell the receiver to scan with tuner #1 or tuner #2 (instead of ALL), a new set of options opens up and you can select an individual satellite to scan. Then, if you desire, you can copy the channels scanned to the other receiver later.

RADAR

To test Blind Scanning, Delete a known Active TP from the list and then Blind Scan, the TP you delete should re-appear.

That would be the best method to check the operation, wouldn't it. I have found the route to navigate to editing the TPs (add/edit/delete). I will have to test this when I get some more time. I have to get ready for work now, so I am done playing for today. Catch you tomorrow.

RADAR

Since this is a receiver designed for use in Europe, are you certain that it will output 1080i at the 60 cycle frame rate (1080i60) ? Many (most?) of the really cool receivers sold over there only do the 50 cycle resolutions. That may be why your HDMI isn't working properly.

Since this is a receiver designed for use in Europe, are you certain that it will output 1080i at the 60 cycle frame rate (1080i60) ? Many (most?) of the really cool receivers sold over there only do the 50 cycle resolutions. That may be why your HDMI isn't working properly.

Hi Tron,

The 1080i-60 is one of the output formats available in the setup, along with 1080i-50, 720p-50, SD-PAL and NTSC-??.

Although the option is displayed, I am not certain that the 1080i-60 is actually supported hardware-wise. I am going to have to contact the AB-COM company and ask for tech info on this issue.

RADAR

Here is an update on the scan features (AUTO, MANUAL, ADVANCED MANUAL and BLIND).

It is apparent that the BLIND scan does not work. I knew that the Patient Channel on TP 11720 H from sat 87.0 AMC 3 was available, but neither the AUTO, BLIND or standard MANUAL scans picked it up. However, when I used the ADVANCED MANUAL scan, it picked the channel up immediately. If an active TP is not listed in the box, it will not pick it up during the scan.

I also had to use this ADVANCED MANUAL scan to pull in the Florida Knowledge Channel and the Florida Channel on 87.0W (which are both DVB-S2).

I am hoping that this can be remedied with new software releases and that may be what I need to do. I have updated some files, but I am not sure if I will need some supporting files besides.

When I download files directly from the website to the receiver, I see release notes that state "XXXX" file is required for this file, so I need to go and locate some of those other files first (maybe).

There are some files that are too large to load directly from the web to the box as the temporary buffer won't handle that large of a file and a USB drive is recommended. I will have to download these files at a better connection and save them to my USB drive.

RADAR

Last edited:
So much hassles for just FTA receiver, plus costly one. No, AZbox looks much more attractive after each your new post. :)

Smith,

Does the AZBox have a PVR (HDD) built in? Maybe I should have tried that one first? I guess I still love my old trusty Coolsat 5000 the best! :) It works well and is simple! But alas, I do enjoy this hobby!

RADAR

Smith,

Does the AZBox have a PVR (HDD) built in? Maybe I should have tried that one first? I guess I still love my old trusty Coolsat 5000 the best! :) It works well and is simple! But alas, I do enjoy this hobby!

RADAR

Elite can take USB HD ( External)
Premium has a space and connectors for SATA (Internal) and can take USB external.

Off the topic from the recent posts here, but just in case anyone is interested, you do not need a voltage converter for the AB-IPBox 9000HD. If you simply purchase an adapter plug, the unit will operate from 110-120VAC 60HZ North American power supply. I tried it and no problems!

They (AB-COM) stated 180 VAC - 220 VAC, but the internal power board can convert 110-120 AC just fine.

RADAR

Radar do you still use this receiver?
I was also interested in purchasing one of these but aside from your post i have found very little info from a end-user.

Is the receiver able to stream video from your network?

Radar do you still use this receiver?
I was also interested in purchasing one of these but aside from your post i have found very little info from a end-user.

Is the receiver able to stream video from your network?

I haven't used this receiver since I received my AZBox. The problem being with the video output format (I couldn't get it to play nicely with my TV).

I may reconnect it later and attempt to figure out how to make it work to my satisfaction, but I have been more interested in the AZBox in the time since I quit posting to this thread. Mainly because of lack of end user support - just as you are finding currently. Training on the AZBox may help me with the AB IPBox later.

RADAR

If you want to run Enigma2 on the 9000HD you need the Conexant CX24116 demodulator as the STV0903 demodulator will freeze and lock up with Enigma2.

Why it locks up in Enigma2 is because the developer for E2 doesn't yet have a proper working driver for it.

If you use the original DGS firmware you will be fine with either of them.

I learned this the hard way...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts