ABC Chicago Heavy pixelation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
I've been getting Chicago HD stations after I "moved" there. I was gone for a couple of weeks and have a bunch of shows recorded on the 622. It seems though that for every single show recorded on ABC there's a lot of heavy pixelation from time to time (sounds continues normal, but the pic gets green and pixelated for like 3-5 seconds). Anybody else experiencing that? COuld it be week signal from 129 or something from the ABC station in chicago or even the national feed?

I am having the same symptoms on the ABC station in Houston , Tx. I am thinking that this one station must be trouble for everyone. I experience no problems with the Nbc, Cbs or Fox stations in hd.

My ABC is great in Nashville, but Fox is horrible and CBS freezes from time to time. I think we may have trouble with individual stations instead of networks.

The Houston ABC station is on 110 and I have been experiencing the same pixelation on "Channel 13" althought the signal strength is around 100.

You mentioned low signal on Sat. 129 and that has been a problem recently. I have not been able to watch any of the channels on Sat. 129 (mostly Voom). The signal strength looks to be about 59 for that satellite.

By the way, Go Nederland Bulldogs!

Over at the Chicagl OTA HD section on AVSFORUM a WLS engineer posted the following:

"WLS DTV (7.1,7.2,7.3) is back to 100% Power. The problem was the Channel 52 filter that had detuned from the CH60 fire in the space below at Sears Tower. The reflected power is back to nominal values and looks like we are back to normal.
By the way, this week we did our first out of town liveshots in HD from the Superbowl XLI stadium site in Miami!

Engineers from a couple of different stations in Chicago post over there so for future OTA problems you might want to pose your question/issue there.

I think you're right. Signals on 129 normally suck for me. Oh well, that's the price of "moving" I guess and using a dish 100. Hmm, I wonder if I repoint the single dish I have at 148 to 129 if the signal will be stronger.

All is Fine here for WLS ABC 7 Chicago, OTA has no Pixelation and Neither has the Dish signal, you probably have a low signal on 129..

The Houston ABC station is on 110 and I have been experiencing the same pixelation on "Channel 13" althought the signal strength is around 100.

You mentioned low signal on Sat. 129 and that has been a problem recently. I have not been able to watch any of the channels on Sat. 129 (mostly Voom). The signal strength looks to be about 59 for that satellite.

By the way, Go Nederland Bulldogs!

Hey another Nederlander. Go Bulldogs!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)