ABC East, Channel 86, not matching NY7?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
ABC East, 86, which is WABC in New York has an infomercial on while 7, WABC NY SD (I'm in the NY area) has Oprah on.

Anyone else seeing this?

The HD feed on D* comes from ABC-DT in NY the HD digital channel. The HD and SD channels from ABC NY do not always match.

DeWitt said:
The HD feed on D* comes from ABC-DT in NY the HD digital channel. The HD and SD channels from ABC NY do not always match.
We've had the HD ABC TV channel since DirecTV started broadcasting it ... that has had to be at least a year now.. and this is the very first time they have not matched.

I agree, I hate Oprah, but try telling the wife that.. Both she and I (she's not one of those wives who claim they can not see the difference in HD) watch the HD locals even if they have sidebars because it's not an HD program. It's clearer.

I haven't checked but I believe the guide info is getting its info from the actual ABC digital feed, and not mirroring the guide info from the analog channel. I do remember having this problem when I had Comcast as well. I can't get the station OTA, but it would help if someone who could, could let us know what the channel info they get is. I believe this is an ABC problem and not D*. I think...

aec4 said:
ABC East, 86, which is WABC in New York has an infomercial on while 7, WABC NY SD (I'm in the NY area) has Oprah on.

Anyone else seeing this?

Look at the lower channels. I've got (2) each of channels 2, 4, 5, 7. These are in addition to 80, 82, 86, 88.

The guide describes them as:
  • 7 WABC - ABC television services from WABC-TV, 7, New York, NY, HDTV Channels, Local Channels
  • 7 NY7 - ABC television services from WABC-TV, 7, New York, NY, Local Channels
  • 86 - ABC Network HD services from WABC-TV, New York, New York ABC, Local channels.

My guide for 86 & WABC show 'Paid Programming', and Oprah on NY7 (SD).

At any time, similar to the WGN feeds (they have a sat & a local feed), they have the ability to switch back and forth between the network (sat) or affiliate (local) feeds. Just because that WABC is out of NYC and an ABC station doesn't discount the fact that they are still a local affiliate and will sometimes show alternate programming of local interest. When this happens, the network feed will be seen on 86 most times because it is the "national feed" but the local will still be in the lower mapped channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)