ABC gets COX to disable Fast Forward during ads on VOD

If DISH ever did that, I would not use their VOD television offerings. Although, right now, I've only ever watched one so it wouldn't be a great loss.

Probably should be in the Cox Cable forum.

Probably ... except that the agreement has now set a precedent that the networks can demand on all such future agreements with every provider. Since this one only applies to new network VOD programming that wouldnt be available otherwise, there is less to complain about. I've never used Comcasts VOD much so while I dont think its a good thing in principle, it doesnt affect me. But Dish will be required to do the same thing for its own VOD system to get the same access, if it wants it.

Just so long as they leave my DVR alone.

Don't watch in On-Demand. DVR it if you want it with no commercials. Only makes sense to force commercials if you are getting it for free.

I agree. However not too long ago ABC wanted to disable fast forward on DVRs as well. Came from the advertising department of course.

I agree. However not too long ago ABC wanted to disable fast forward on DVRs as well. Came from the advertising department of course.

The reason why that didn't work was because the recording lives on the customer's premises. In this case the recording lives on the cable provider's premises, and therefore they have to agree to some of the demands from the content owner in order to be allowed to carry the content on a VOD basis.

Like said before, if you don't like it - just DVR it instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)