ABC HD w/ no sound?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheebs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2005
I'd like to know if it's only my setup or it's a general thing, before I go and tear anything apart.

Need more info - is it always missing the sound or only certain shows? Is it OTA or satellite reception of channels? I have that problem with the Atlanta station OTA sometimes. Mostly Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy but it does come back/

Nope, ABC HD on Channel 86 on the 119 bird. At least until I left for the office, there was no sound on that channel.

A little bit off topic. Is the ABC HD resolution 720p or 1080i? I was under the impression it was 1080i, but for some reason my H20 chooses 720p as the resolution instead :confused:

victor20170 said:
A little bit off topic. Is the ABC HD resolution 720p or 1080i? I was under the impression it was 1080i, but for some reason my H20 chooses 720p as the resolution instead :confused:

ABC is 720p.

Chip

cheebs said:
Nope, ABC HD on Channel 86 on the 119 bird. At least until I left for the office, there was no sound on that channel.

Do you have the satellite receiver audio set to always DD or set to auto select the best audio method. How is it connected to your audio receiver or TV?

Is the audio always out? Has it never come in since day 1?

Since you are using the new receiver, I would just contact D* as there may be a specific setting or it could be an issue with your receiver. We could go through a lot of audio settings etc but since this new technology using a new datafeed, I would go straight to support for this.

Not using the H20, my apologies. I'm using an H10 with the Distant Network HD feeds enabled (NYC sub).

charper1, only that channel is w/o audio, all the rest are OK. The receiver's audio is connected with an optical cable to a Marantz HT receiver. IIRC the audio is set to DD only. From day 1 (very recently) this channel has had no audio. I tried switching to PCM, same thing. Only thing I haven't tried are the analog audio outputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)