Abc-hd

shamill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
tyler
I'm not sure where to look but here's my question.
I live in Tyler, Texas 75703.
Is there any chance I can get an OTA antenna to receive ABC-HD? The two closest staions are Dallas & Shreveport.

A good place to start is www.antennaweb.org. Might be the only place you have to look. Pretty easy to find out what channels you should be able to receive and with what type of antenna. Some folks say it isn't always accurate, but it was in my case. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, however that is the site that I used to find the two closest ABC-HDs. Maybe my question should be what is the furthest(is that a word?) distance anyone is currently receiving an HD channel OTA. If someone is getting a 90-100 miles please tell me the antenna setup.

shamill said:
furthest(is that a word?) distance
since you asked...
Yes, it is a word.
Technically, however, "farthest" should be used when referring to distance and "furthest" when referring to time or quantity (this according to both Strunk and White's The Elements of Style, and good ol' Webster's). Example sentence : To pursue further the subject of the farthest station an antenna will receive, try the thread at AVS.
Now, having said all this it is probably worth noting that both references mention that this rule is commonly ignored and that the two words have been generally used interchangeably since the time of Shakespeare.
My apologies if that was a rhetorical question. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts