ABC News Now Galaxy 28 at 89.0°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
…………..Well ICEBERG just because you have never seen it on AMC5 doesn’t mean it’s not there, and the rest of you I am telling you I am watching ABC news now on AMC5 on the tp I gave you.
And no it’s not an s-2 signal.
chill holmes. Considering when you posted it a few of us scanned 79W and NOBODY else picked it up shows you probably are on the wrong satellite.

Couple other tidbits
-I blind scan 79 all the time looking for news and sports feeds. You say you seen this for a year yet most of us who have blind scanned 79W havent seen it. Someone SHOULD have seen it there
-you are in the Pacific NW. 79W is CONUS so we should all get it.

I bet you are on 89W and blind scanned it in. Since it matches EXACTLY what 89W shows, you're probably on 89W :)

chill holmes. Considering when you posted it a few of us scanned 79W and NOBODY else picked it up shows you probably are on the wrong satellite.

Couple other tidbits
-I blind scan 79 all the time looking for news and sports feeds. You say you seen this for a year yet most of us who have blind scanned 79W havent seen it. Someone SHOULD have seen it there
-you are in the Pacific NW. 79W is CONUS so we should all get it.

I bet you are on 89W and blind scanned it in. Since it matches EXACTLY what 89W shows, you're probably on 89W :)

Last week , I thought my system was crazy when my new receiver scanned in the NY Networks ( for years on 79W) on AMC15 @ 105W . I looked out at my dish to see what it was aimed at. I switched back to 79W ( watched the dish move) and looked for NY Networks there. Sure enough, the Mux was in both places and now we know that it is moving permanently to AMC15.
My point is that many of us scan the entire North American arc several times a week . We'd be unlikely to miss ABC News Now being on 79W. We would , as I DID, immediately question whether we had an equipment malfunction, which left us aimed at the wrong satellite, while supposedly scanning another. It happens to all of us at one time or another.
:)

...I have been watching it here for over a year now, 24 hours a day.

If anyone did that, they would get tired, and confuse one satellite with another, possibly.

I'll bet the ABC NEWS ACQUISITION CENTER slide looks like this one...

Attachments

• 89w.png
    89w.png
    76 KB · Views: 142
Well I don’t now what to say. My antenna setup shows I am on AMC5 and the box that shows channel id says AMC5 with the tp numbers I gave earlier. Is there something else on AMC5 or 89west that could try to see if I get that. The dish is stationary no motor.
Harry I have cancer so yes some times I am up for 24hours or more. Not a pity line just let you now way I actually am up for long periods. I will get some pictures this week send them. Like I said every one have a nice day.

Westcoaster , somebody just picked the wrong satellite name once the dish was pointed. If you want to get technically correct, you can pick G28 out of the satellite menu and scan again, add it if it isn't in the list, or just "rename" the satellite name its showing now to "Galaxy28". Prayers for your recovery from the cancer.

Iceberg and everyone else
Please accept my apology. Sorry for upsetting anyone. I will try to think before I post and to stay out if this site as to not upset any more people. I think when I can I will have to go back to my first hobby, the love of flying.
Sincerely
Paul

Yes it is g28 for sure.
I entered the tp numbers and came up with BYU. Video feed of a football game and it also had two audio feeds .one of a football game then over top of this there was an announcement from the church of latter day saints about if you’re having technical difficulty ………Kind of hard to watch the game with two sets of audio feeds. And the audio thing is still there this morning.

[FONT=&quot]TURBOSAT thanks for the input.[/FONT]

West-nobody's upset, we all have some bad times. Stay involved here, the more input we have, the better. The flying might be ok for you, but I prefer the ground,lol.
Also, when you get audio like that, push the audio button, and then the right or left arrow on remote. That should cut out one or the other audio feed that's mixed in, so you can choose.

Iceberg and everyone else
Please accept my apology. Sorry for upsetting anyone. I will try to think before I post and to stay out if this site as to not upset any more people. I think when I can I will have to go back to my first hobby, the love of flying.
Sincerely
Paul
Paul
no worries and no reason to leave :) We're all here to help. I've done that a few times too...thought I was on one satellite only to find out I was off by a little bit :)
I always say "Dont sweat the small stuff here" (boy that's so true right now in my life) ;)

Yes it is g28 for sure.
I entered the tp numbers and came up with BYU. Video feed of a football game and it also had two audio feeds .one of a football game then over top of this there was an announcement from the church of latter day saints about if you’re having technical difficulty ………Kind of hard to watch the game with two sets of audio feeds. And the audio thing is still there this morning.

BYU uses multiple audio feeds and they are on one side at a time. Easiest thing to do is press audio/language button and pick only LEFT side audio. There are numerous languages on the BYU channels and if you scroll through the left side has _______________ language (ex: Spanish) and the right side has another language (ex: chinese). You just need to select the audio side that you want.

THANKS

Thanks for being so understanding and inviting me to stay. Were all only human in the end. You are so right iceberg, don’t sweet the small stuff.
Iceberg thanks for the audio feeds explanation. Ill gives it a try.
Have a nice day everyone.

The Viewsat receiver should have (if I remember right) one of the color buttons is language. I haven't worked with a Viewsat in a couple years so hopefully someone with a VS can chime in on how to select only one side of audio :)

Just tried your suggestion Iceberg and it worked. Used left side only. Very cool! Had no idea. There is a separate audio button on the remote.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for all the help. And thanks turbo [/FONT]

cool. Glad it worked out. Now **most** receivers will hold that properly even if you leave the channels. I have an old receiver that seems to "reset" to both sides when I change channels :)

Yeah that dual audio thing can get very annoying ;)

As much as I would hate to bump an older thread I have a relevant question and this is still open so here it goes. I have been able to blind scan in ABC News Now on the 89w satellite but I can't get it to come in at all. I even put in my better LNB that is more sensitive than my quad lnb. I consistently get the Hearst DC and BYU channels along with several random news feeds. ABC News Now always shows up in the scan but it never comes in. Is it a different kind of signal? Why do some channels come in off the satellite but other ones are weaker? shouldn't they all have the same power?

I've had problems with that ABC NewsNow channel on certain receivers, they just plain wouldn't display the video properly, play a few seconds, halt, freeze, play a little more even though it was a strong signal. I noticed this on a traxis 3500, and another receiver or two I have. There is an explanation, but I don't know what it is, probably the type of encoder they are using. I don't watch it anyway so it isn't a problem for me. All receivers have their glitches, seems to me, some of the ones I have just won't display some channels, certain combinations of frequency & symbol rate seem to perplex them.

OK, I figured out the problem. It was just a transponder issue. My Openbox was able to blind scan it in OK with the proper transponder. I just took that information and put it into the Sonicview and WALA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)