ABC problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shinner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania
Anyone else having a picture problem with ABC?

My local ABC (27, Harrisburg, PA) has loads of ghosting and the picture in general looks like crap. Thought maybe it was the new HR10-250 but it also looks this way on my 2nd receiver, a regular non-HD model. ABC is the only channel that looks like this so I think it's definitely in the signal and not in my hardware.

shinner said:
Anyone else having a picture problem with ABC?

My local ABC (27, Harrisburg, PA) has loads of ghosting and the picture in general looks like crap. Thought maybe it was the new HR10-250 but it also looks this way on my 2nd receiver, a regular non-HD model. ABC is the only channel that looks like this so I think it's definitely in the signal and not in my hardware.
Are you getting your signal from D*'s sat's or OTA ?
Check you connetions also.

Jimbos said:
Are you getting your signal from D*'s sat's or OTA ?
Check you connetions also.
Signal is from satellite...it's the SD channel, not HD.

If it were a connection, wouldn't it be spread across more than 1 channel. Also it's on 2 different receivers (both inputs on the DVR receiver and the one on my second SD receiver). I would have to have bad connections on all 3 coax cables coming into the house.

Picture was fine a few days ago. The most common point would be the LNB(s), I would think that if the problem is in hardware, that would be the most likely place.

shinner said:
Signal is from satellite...it's the SD channel, not HD.

If it were a connection, wouldn't it be spread across more than 1 channel. Also it's on 2 different receivers (both inputs on the DVR receiver and the one on my second SD receiver). I would have to have bad connections on all 3 coax cables coming into the house.

Picture was fine a few days ago. The most common point would be the LNB(s), I would think that if the problem is in hardware, that would be the most likely place.
It could be a transmission problem with the local feed to D* or D* distribution.
You are correct, I was thinking it was a perticular TV, but you said it's on all of them, give your local Engeneer a call and ask if thier having problems, then call D*. or maybe someone in your area will chime in and let you know how it looks at thier place.

Jimbo

Could be worse, the the ABC here in tallahassee is a joke, thier signal is completely gone, OTA and satellite.

Jimbos said:
It could be a transmission problem with the local feed to D* or D* distribution.
You are correct, I was thinking it was a perticular TV, but you said it's on all of them, give your local Engeneer a call and ask if thier having problems, then call D*. or maybe someone in your area will chime in and let you know how it looks at thier place.
If I don't see my neighbor or his wife tomorrow, I'll give Directv a call...

Your Local Receiver Facility is at WHP at 330 N. 6th St. in Harrisburg. I'd give the Chief Engineer there a call also. They've more than likely picking up that station's signal with an antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)