ABC's the Crossing

The reason why shows like this fail is because of major networks canceling them before they can go on a roll. I've felt that viewers were not going to invest their time into this show until they knew that it was going to last. This should have been a summer series. How many people recorded this show on their DVR's, waiting to see first if ABC keeps it or cancels it?

The reason why shows like this fail is because of major networks canceling them before they can go on a roll. I've felt that viewers were not going to invest their time into this show until they knew that it was going to last. This should have been a summer series. How many people recorded this show on their DVR's, waiting to see first if ABC keeps it or cancels it?
I have to ask then why did ABC even start it, they're going by polls, fear the walking dead was bad and there fixing it, what's bad about this one?

The reason why shows like this fail is because of major networks canceling them before they can go on a roll.
Unfortunately with a serialized plot like this one has, it's ratings will only go down as new viewers would be lost. Unless the ratings are gangbusters at the beginning (like with Lost), it's bound to get canceled.

I have to ask then why did ABC even start it, they're going by polls, fear the walking dead was bad and there fixing it, what's bad about this one?
ABC and AMC have different rating thresholds for keeping shows.

Walking Dead's rating for it's first season are better than what The Crossing has been getting. That number is awesome on a channel channel, but bad for one of the big four.

Plus The Crossing's number have dropped every week.

Money is money, if some company wants to buy it, they would sell it
Costs. While a network will subsidize it's own properties due to later money in syndication, they typically won't for shows they don't own.

The ratings aren't really high enough for Netflix to take a show like that in which they don't own.

Costs. While a network will subsidize it's own properties due to later money in syndication, they typically won't for shows they don't own.

The ratings aren't really high enough for Netflix to take a show like that in which they don't own.

Do you think ABC did enough to promote it?

The basic question did it give you would you thought might lead to possible good plot soon, the making of the apex was what I was looking forward to finding out?

I don't care if ABC lost their spine on this one, I'll keep watching until the last episode. I guess ABC & sci-fi just don't go together. Lost was probably an anomaly.

It was on CTV, was it also on ABC, as well?

It was a good one, way better than a lot of crap on TV the apex have their own language we find out, It was a good cat and mouse game episode and there's another one in the group who somehow changed into one
It came on ABC last at 10:00pm. I have it on the DVR, will probably watch it tonight. 10:00 pm is past the time I like to watch shows.

I don't get CTV (too far south), so that's not an option.

I just found on IMDb that season 1 will only have 11 episodes. So after last night's episode, there are only 4 more left.
Well it's been done before, the writers knew it was the end of the show, so they changed it in a way to get everyone pissed off, I can't remember the show but it was also a time travel think type TV show, about a guy from WW2 who comes into the future with superpowers

Well it's been done before, the writers knew it was the end of the show, so they changed it in a way to get everyone pissed off, I can't remember the show but it was also a time travel think type TV show, about a guy from WW2 who comes into the future with superpowers
They did that for Craprica. They added a little 5 minute thing to the end to wrap it up.
Same thing with the US version of Life on Mars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)