? about analog signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bevshadow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Newfoundland
Was wondering if i can see any analog channels with either VisionPlus Starbox usb, Viewsat ultra, or Fortec Star Lifetime Classic receiver, can see sats from about 72w to 111.1w, not looking for the feeds just how it can be done if at all, also using My Theatre and ProgDVB with Starbox, any info would be great. Thanks

added using ku and linear lnb not C-band

no. You would need an analog receiver to get analog. The ones you posted are just digital receivers

Not too much on analog ku this time of year either. Maybe some news feeds and business teleconferences. Football season might bring some occasional feeds.

in addition:

If you -want- an old analog receiver, they're often "sold" for little more than the cost to ship them.

I recently got a pretty nice unit from the 90's, made by Toshiba, in new condition and with remote!
It came free with a free 8' dish. - :cool: - It was a pick-up, so no shipping. :D
Looking forward to playing with it as soon as I get a BUD up.

You did express an interest in Ku and not C-band.
But, if you ever wanted to try a BUD on C-band, then many analog receivers would be useful as a dish mover, and to adjust the polarity servo.
At least they'd be good enough to get you started. :up

A decent analog C/Ku band receiver can be found on Ebay with free shipping! Go to the Ebay homepage and punch in "Legacy C Band" and you will see a brand new Legacyll receiver for $27 "buy it now" and like I said - FREE shipping! It would also make an affordable positioner for the BUD! :)

I picked up a NextWave Navigator NCC500 C-Band Analog Satellite Receiver for 15 dollars last night on Ebay. I clicked on make offer and put in 15 and he accepted it. It says he has more left.

I have a startrek 400 C-Band receiver but the signals/feeds i saw were on ku and didn't think i could see ku with a c-band receiver, was i right to assume this or am i missing something? Thanks to all who responded as well.

I have a startrek 400 C-Band receiver but the signals/feeds i saw were on ku and didn't think i could see ku with a c-band receiver, was i right to assume this or am i missing something? Thanks to all who responded as well.
If my memory right, the star trek can be program as ku receiver, most C band receiver can receive ku signal as well.

I have a startrek 400 C-Band receiver but the signals/feeds i saw were on ku and didn't think i could see ku with a c-band receiver, . . . .
On both C-band and Ku-band LNBs, the input frequency is converted to (about) 950mhz to 1450mhz.
So, in truth, changing the LNB is all that's necessary to get Ku on a C-band receiver.

Now of course, there are other considerations.
Maybe some receivers are only calibrated for C-band.
Maybe some receivers have separate inputs for C and Ku band LNBs.
Maybe there's little or nothing to watch in Analog on Ku-band... (I think I've read about a few feeds).

I'm sure there are more points to be made.
...but that's all I know. :)

Going to find the manual and give it a read again. to find out if it can do ku as well thanks again for your reply's guys, appreciate your time.

Thanks again guys after finding and re-reading the manual for the 400 it does do ku.
And Thank you Iceberg for the link.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)