? about my Local HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
I have D* with the 5lnb dish. I cant figure out what the receiver is but I do know its the one that doesnt come in a DVR model.

The issue is this. While watching the local HD feed on a couple of different stations the all of sudden I hear his brrrrrrr sound and the picture goes black. It can happen two or three times a program and eventually I get fed up and switch to SD for a while.

Is that a hardware problem or a signal problem? It doesnt happen while viewing HD channels in the 70-79 channel range..only the locals.

So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh sure a guy posts HD sucks..and he gets 2379847312897 replys and 10,000 pages worth of response ..I tell ya my Local HD channels go blank with a wild brrr sound and I get nutting!

boston area dtv said:
I have D* with the 5lnb dish. I cant figure out what the receiver is but I do know its the one that doesnt come in a DVR model.

The issue is this. While watching the local HD feed on a couple of different stations the all of sudden I hear his brrrrrrr sound and the picture goes black. It can happen two or three times a program and eventually I get fed up and switch to SD for a while.

Is that a hardware problem or a signal problem? It doesnt happen while viewing HD channels in the 70-79 channel range..only the locals.

You want input, here goes..... I have no idea what is wrong.:D (Sorry, I could not resist!)

Are you talking about the OTA locals or via DirecTV retransmission?

Have you called DirecTV or the affiliate's engineers yet?

I have not seen any other Boston area posts about issues, so I can assume for now its your hardware.

thanks Charper I figured Id take a shot here before calling the engineers or CSRs at D*.

As for the HD signal I was referring to the local HD via DirecTV retransmission.

boston area dtv said:

sounds to me like a hardware issue but i would call directv and see if they have any reports of this. i have not seen any posts related to this issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)