about tek2000.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Again no, not planning on it until May. Still waiting for the snow to melt then wait for the mud that follows later to Harden.

We got another few inches of snow yesterday.

This is the place I had plan on using to buy me a dish but with all the horror stories I guess I will keep looking. I found a few topics on Tek2000 here on SatGuys, I'm no DIY guy but from the pic's people posted, it looks like the mesh dishes they sell are suspect

This is the place I had plan on using to buy me a dish but with all the horror stories I guess I will keep looking. I found a few topics on Tek2000 here on SatGuys, I'm no DIY guy but from the pic's people posted, it looks like the mesh dishes they sell are suspect
I am not telling you that you should buy from them but I am a satisfied costumer. I got my dish delivered within 5 days after placing order. I had minimum damage with the shipment. It did not affect the dish performance.

FTA4PA bought a 8' from them too and I think he's been happy with it. Think a few other members have bought one too. I was going to buy one myself but they were out of stock when I was looking and found a used 12' so I didn't need one from them after that. I think if you're looking for new only, they're about the only game in town for C band dishes.

FTA4PA bought a 8' from them too and I think he's been happy with it. Think a few other members have bought one too. I was going to buy one myself but they were out of stock when I was looking and found a used 12' so I didn't need one from them after that. I think if you're looking for new only, they're about the only game in town for C band dishes.
Yes, I got an 8' from them (wish I'd got the 10' but resources didn't allow :rolleyes:). Delivery was fast (some minor damage to edge of the mesh on a few panels which was easily tapped flat). We have been using it for almost a year now and it has held up well so far. Is it the best dish out there, no, but at the cost for what you get it was a reasonable compromise for me. There are of course used dishes out there, many of which were built very well and would serve someone who aquired one for many years to come. DH is a company that still sells new high-end dishes, as was mentioned here by Titanium, but they are definitely out of my price range. If cost is not an issue then check them out, otherwise, get the nicest dish you can find (used or new), then relax and enjoy the hobby. :)

I for one will have to say; if I could buy a 10' dish; no matter how bad it is; when I need it is at all times today to be available for installation. In the days of digicipher2; I would not have to beg anybody for a NEW 10' DISH. However, the used market has melted down all the old cheap aluminum piles they had for the last 10 years kept so well supplied. I can make parts for them; i can rehab them; and the only way to buy a new 10/8/6/ foot satellite dish with polar mount is all there is right now; or used or used and working. So, I do need this one, the next one; the tech2000 and the other; ebay to be bought also. They work!

Next time, other than the people without any available to advertise what they have (like a birdview 9' is worth 5,000 because it works with the included parts) in stock.

They want a 50,000 run per size, because it is weighted steel/alum. product; at 4 sizes..5/7/9/11.

Last edited:
Ok, I guess that's my bad as I thought all offset dishes were Primestars? So I guess I'm talking about the generic steel one then as that's the only one that's listed.

It's listed on Amazon for $219 plus $29.49 shipping? I thought those 120cm dishes were truck shipping only at about twice that price?

Ok, I guess that's my bad as I thought all offset dishes were Primestars? So I guess I'm talking about the generic steel one then as that's the only one that's listed.

It's listed on Amazon for $219 plus $29.49 shipping? I thought those 120cm dishes were truck shipping only at about twice that price?
It's listed on their website for $129 + $100 shipping. Also on ebay from Satellites Galore (http://www.ebay.com/itm/120cm-Ku-Band-Solid-Offset-Satellite-Dish-/331377108934) for same. One person reviewed it on ebay and seemed to be pleased. Looks like with Amazon you are still paying for the dish & shipping + an extra $19.49 tacked on as well. :(

So how much of an advantage is a 120cm over a smaller dish, say a 1m? What I mean is, is it worth the additional cost?

Reason I ask is I sold my race car and trailer the other day and I got a pocket full of money until bills come due next month! :biggrin That and with the disappearance of the combo C/Ku LNBFs the handwriting is on the wall!

Well I had a pleasant experience today with them.
Firstly there's no one out there that have new C band dishes above 4ft in stock or for sale. There one or two vendors charging +$1000 and high shipping rates.
I opted to make an offer on Ebay for the 8 footer that was running $275.
I made an offer for $200, and they accepted.
I accidentally clicked on the Buy It Now and was charged $275. I contacted them about the discrepancy and mentioned that I was also interested in the 8 ft pole , listed for $99 & shipping $80.
They threw in the pole and free shipping , a $180 value instead of giving me the $75 I was asking for.
so for $275 for a polar mount 8 ft dish, and matching pole I got a good deal.
Should be here early next week. Will update with pics.

Reactions: hank123
What are you going to do with an 8 ft pole, on an 8 ft dish? Once you bury it 4 ft in the ground, there's not enough left sticking out to mount your dish and ever let it move without hitting the ground.

You need at least 6 ft sticking out of the ground, minimum, or you'll have to pour a slab with a stub, and attach the pole to that.

Reactions: nycrich
I'm going to make it sort of portable. But basically a slab with struts for support in a concrete through 5x5 ft base (HOA)I'm in West Palm Beach and I need only 12 to 116 for my arc.
I believe this would be my 18th installation moving different homes in NY, Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, and now WPB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)