GEOSATpro About the GEOSATPRO micro HD...

farwest5050

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Austin,TX
Hello everyone and hello to Iceberg specially: I would like to know if is it normal that GEOSATPRO HD receiver gets hot when in operation? The other thing is that my receiver doesn't perform "PAUSE" Can anyone help me? Do I have to return the receiver to SADOUN? It is still covered by the warrantee year from the factory. Thank you in advance.

It is normal for it to get pretty warm to the touch, but if it is to hot to touch something is wrong.
Also do you have an external hard drive connected? This is necessary to be able to pause. If you do, before you sent it back try another Hard drive.

I leave my MicroHD on all the time. I have it setup to record various shows. It get warm and hot directly over the CPU, but not hot enough that you can not place and leave your hand on the top cover. As a recommendation I would say do not place it in an enclosed environment. Leave it where the air can circulate. My USB stick gets quite warm also after a recording. I have had no problems related to the heat with it.

I believe if you haven't used a DVR feature including timeshift for a while, your hard drive may go to sleep and require several seconds to wake up when you do use a DVR function. Once awakened, the DVR responds immediately on subsequent commands. Others can correct me if this isn't correct, but it seems to be true in my case.

Thank you guys for your fast responses. Well, my micro HD gets just warm and I can keep my hand on it. I don't have any external hard drive connected. The other thing that I have noticed is that it takes a bit long to tune a channel mainly when I change from C to KU band and vice versa. Also when it changes between some transponders. I never noticed this when SATMEX5 was still in operation. I am feeling this now with SATMEX8. But it is not a big deal...it takes only about 5 seconds to switch between frequencies. Again, thank you and Happy Long Weekend to everyone.

Slow channel tuning may be caused by low signal quality, a sticking switch or LNBF drifting LO frequency. A few second delay is usual as the receiver collects enough digital data to display programming. Five second delays seems excessive and there is likely a cause and result with the hardware or signal integrity.

If the LO frequency is drifting the receiver will take longer to lock onto the signal as the automatic fine tuning circuit must search and tune outside of the transponder frequency. If signal quality readings are high, try swapping switches or blind scan and compare scanned transponder frequency with existing TP frequency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)