About to order dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wired

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
but I know very little about the system.

I have one regular TV and one HD TV; I would like PVR functions for both. I have no land line phone so I suspect I get charged a fee? do all the HD packages (bronze, silver etc) have the same number of HD channels?

Thank you in advance!

sounds like ya need a 622. the phone line fee is $5 / month. the only difference in the HD channels by package would be w/wo locals, or w/wo movie channels (ie. HBO, Showtime, and Starz.

Wired said:
but I know very little about the system.

I have one regular TV and one HD TV; I would like PVR functions for both. I have no land line phone so I suspect I get charged a fee? do all the HD packages (bronze, silver etc) have the same number of HD channels?

Thank you in advance!
Yes, you will get charged the no phone fee for the DVR. The Gold HD and Platinum packages get National Geographic HD, and the Silver and Bronze don't. PM me for a Club Dish number to save some $ on installation.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I need to learn the packages more; does the 622 feed two different tvs?

I also read that I could use voip to get around the fee.

The 622 will feed 2 different TVs.

If the only reason you'd be getting VOIP is for the phone line requirement I'd just pay the fee. It would be cheaper.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Well I ordered, used the code mdonnelly sent me, but dish called me this evening to ask me what I had ordered. A little concerning.

They said their system was in 'maintenance' when I submitted.

I ordered HD Silver, with local, HBO and Starz, SD DVR and a HD DVR - guess I will see what comes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)