AC-3 Coolsat 5000 question ? ? ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Well I gave in and I bought a Home Theatre in a Box , 1st of all I was tired of not getting sound from the PBS stations and channels on G10 plus a few audio if I figure out what bird I saw them on, if it hasn't been encrypted yet.

Ok so my Ac-3 Receiver has 2 inputs, 1 optical , 1 coaxial , came with a short audio coaxial plug, so I plugged it in Coaxial to Coaxial, then proceeded to the Green button (audio) on coolsat remote and selected AC-3, right away receiver recognized Dolby Digital and Voila I had sound, which I am very happy about, but have noticed that sound occasionally cuts off for a milisecond (noticeable).

Anyone experience the same results ?

Thinking of buying an Optical cable anyways just to try out and I'll use the other cable for my DVD player.....

I have a Coolsat connected with an optical cable and haven’t notice any audio drop outs. Is there a particular PBS channel that you observe it on?

The one thing that I have noticed is that when I switch to an AC3 channel the audio amp takes a second or two or three before it starts to decode the sound. With OTA and DVD it doesn’t possess this delay, so I assume it’s something within the Coolsat’s circuitry that mutes a few seconds of audio after it changes channels... maybe a low signal level is tripping this mute function and causing the audio drop outs you're experiencing?

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Last edited:
Same thing I was griping about happening on TheTube on AMC 3.
Only the audio would garble - no picture degradation.
Only notice this on AC3 Dolby signals.

I use the coaxial connection on my Coolsat and I haven't noticed any audio issues like that.

One thing I do notice is the volume is somewhat lower on the AC-3 channels than the regular ones. Might be a function of my DD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)