AC-3 Coolsat 5000 question ? ? ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Well I gave in and I bought a Home Theatre in a Box , 1st of all I was tired of not getting sound from the PBS stations and channels on G10 plus a few audio if I figure out what bird I saw them on, if it hasn't been encrypted yet.

Ok so my Ac-3 Receiver has 2 inputs, 1 optical , 1 coaxial , came with a short audio coaxial plug, so I plugged it in Coaxial to Coaxial, then proceeded to the Green button (audio) on coolsat remote and selected AC-3, right away receiver recognized Dolby Digital and Voila I had sound, which I am very happy about, but have noticed that sound occasionally cuts off for a milisecond (noticeable).

Anyone experience the same results ?

Thinking of buying an Optical cable anyways just to try out and I'll use the other cable for my DVD player.....

I have a Coolsat connected with an optical cable and haven’t notice any audio drop outs. Is there a particular PBS channel that you observe it on?

The one thing that I have noticed is that when I switch to an AC3 channel the audio amp takes a second or two or three before it starts to decode the sound. With OTA and DVD it doesn’t possess this delay, so I assume it’s something within the Coolsat’s circuitry that mutes a few seconds of audio after it changes channels... maybe a low signal level is tripping this mute function and causing the audio drop outs you're experiencing?

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Last edited:
Same thing I was griping about happening on TheTube on AMC 3.
Only the audio would garble - no picture degradation.
Only notice this on AC3 Dolby signals.

I use the coaxial connection on my Coolsat and I haven't noticed any audio issues like that.

One thing I do notice is the volume is somewhat lower on the AC-3 channels than the regular ones. Might be a function of my DD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts