AC-banders to the rescue please?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Ok guys a little help here. I was given a 6 foot solid offset dish, complete with a c-band feedhorn. I think it is the original. I have had no problem picking up mpeg free 2 air signals on the c-band sats with my pansat 3500 sd. I cannot find a feedhorn that will do both c and ku for this size offset dish. i have tried some of the new all in one by geosat pro, but think the focal point is off. Any suggestions as to how I can rig it or a corotor II on this thing up or do I need to just break down and get a prine focus dish?

Thanks

The easiest thing to try is hand-hold the new C/Ku band LNB and slowly move it around the dish to see if you can find the best reception. If you find a good position then try to make some sort of holder for it. The Corotor II probably won't work very well since it's designed for a prime focus antenna. I wouldn't give up on the free antenna yet. Half the fun of this hobby is trying to make things work on the cheap. Have fun.

Although I know who you're speaking of, I'm not him. But I am a firm believer in Gary Bourgois' (RIP) "The Scrounger's Guide To Satellite TV". Waste not, want not.
Have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)