ACC Network vs. NFL Playoffs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
Can someone who has experience with locals who have ACC Network help out?

If your CBS station is showing ACC Network stuff next Saturday, what will the local stations do with the Colts/Ravens vs. Broncos game? The ACC Network game stuff is scheduled to end at 4:00pm but they ALWAYS go over. I would hate to miss even just a minute of my Colts (should they win today) in the playoffs!

Speaking from a central NC perspective, would WRAL move the CBS game to their sister station, FOX50 and just show both games there back to back? I do hope they wouldn't put it on This TV 5-2 like they do with CBS's SEC Basketball coverage. Colts in subchannel quality SD as a paying Sunday Ticket customer would just be unacceptable.

Luckily, I am technically in the Greensboro DMA and the Greensboro CBS, WFMY, is no longer showing ACC Network this season. It's on the ABC/MY sister stations now, shockingly in HD. For those in the actual Raleigh DMA, however, who are out of OTA range for WFMY, what would you do? The eastern NC CBS doesn't show ACC Network, I think. But WDBJ CBS Roanoke does show ACC Network. I can't see them shutting off a Virginia Tech game early, either.

If I had no other OTA CBS option, "just dealing with it" wouldn't be an option... But neither would going to a bar or a friend's house...

actually the 2nd ACC game doesnt start til 2:30 so in those 5 CBS markets that are carrying the game its going right up until 4:30 when the Denver game starts (they wont even have pre-game)

In those markets I'd be pissed

It's bad enough watching SEC basketball in SD and regular CBS programming either in SD or at 2am. Now they're messing with the NFL Playoffs. Not cool! Although I MUCH prefer the actual ACC Network coverage to Dicky V's voice on ESPN...

Ironically that 2nd game is being shown here in Minneapolis on the local CW (WUCW 23). The 1st game is not.
(this station also shows the SEC game of the week during football season)

My best guess will be one of two options: Either a digital subchannel (very unlikely). The other option is if your market has a duopoly, one company owns two stations, then they could start pregame on the other channel. Here's an example. In Boston, CBS owns WBZ-TV (CBS) and superstation WSBK (MNTV). If the CBS Network has both games, in Boston, one or part of one will end up on WSBK as a spill over channel.

In Boston, we have two duopolies, Sunbeam Television owns WHDH (NBC) and WLVI (CW). Sunbeam will spill over NBC programing to WLVI when it's needed and able to as well.

They do that here with the ACC Network, there are two games sometimes, usually during football season. In Raleigh, CBS WRAL and FOX50 are sister stations, WRAL airs the "main game" and Fox50 airs the other game. In Greensboro, the basketball ACC Network was on CBS and the football was on Fox, but now the basketball is on the Sinclair ABC/MY sister stations. It's much easier to work around the "MY" schedule than CBS, ABC, or even FOX.

My parents have WSBK on Dish Network, and I have seen their spill over stuff. I lived in NH briefly and I agree ... Go Monarchs! And Fishercats!

looking at the clearances for both games all 5 stations carrying it on CBS (the early game) have it going to a subchannel or a sister station (My Network)
Miami is the only market that only shows the 1st game (of the 5 CBS markets)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)