Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
A BIG customer of mne is pushing me to accept credit cards:( Up to this time it never mattered.

I am looking for a low cost card servicer. my $$ volume wouldnt be very high, some months probably zero. I deal with schools at certain times they have no $$ left.

any ideas? thanks

would it be unprofessional to take the credit cards and use paypal?

Both my wife and I use PayPal to take cards. If you want a more "hidden" approach or have some "paranoid" clients, call your bank, they may only require you open a business account, it may cost a bit per year but it does have perks. or your bank might be able do setup up some sort of bank draft directly from their card into your account similar to a wire transfer.

God idea I will check with bank and already have a business account.

Asked customer awhuile ago about paypal they couldnt do it.

pittsburgh board is huge and I need the business so I will do whats necessary...

They couldn't do PayPal? Thats funny. My 97 yo aunt in FL with dialup can do PayPal.

THATS RIGHT! 97yo and online!

Actually you can open up a business account with Paypal to accecpt credit cards.

Once you open the account, you can go online and just key in the card number and get an approval.

I think Paypal charges like a $20 service fee every month!

You might also want to check out http://www.linkpoint.com/ which is the same company I use :)

Bob Haller said:
God idea I will check with bank and already have a business account.

Asked customer awhuile ago about paypal they couldnt do it.

pittsburgh board is huge and I need the business so I will do whats necessary...

you ARE around the burgh!!!!:cool:

north hills to be exact:devil:

Last edited:
Claude Greiner said:
Actually you can open up a business account with Paypal to accecpt credit cards. Once you open the account, you can go online and just key in the card number and get an approval. I think Paypal charges like a $20 service fee every month! You might also want to check out http://www.linkpoint.com/ which is the same company I use :)

You are 100% correct that is the PRO account. The STANDARD one is up to 2.9% or the total PLUS 30 cents on an as needed basis.

STANDARD: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-standard-overview-outside

The easy way to get paid.

Accept all major credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal payments securely, and hassle-free. Website Payments Standard is:

*Convenient. There’s no approval process, and no shopping cart needed: start accepting payments today.

*Easy. Customers shop on your website and pay you on PayPal either with their PayPal account or by just entering a credit card number. They don’t even need a PayPal account.

*Affordable. No monthly, startup, or cancellation fees—plus no annual contract.

*Expandable. Plus, you get the option to take credit cards via phone, fax, mail, or in person, with Virtual Terminal. (USA only, monthly fees apply)

PRO: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside

The all-in-one payment solution.

Get the features of a merchant account and gateway, plus much more—at a lower cost. Website Payments Pro is:

Powerful. Control your checkout from start to finish, and integrate PayPal with your order-management system and shopping cart.

Complete. Accept credit cards directly on your website just like a merchant account. You don’t need a separate merchant account and gateway.

Please Note:

* The easiest way to use Website Payments Pro is with a shopping cart that has integrated Website Payments Pro.

* If you don’t have a shopping cart that has integrated Website Payments Pro, and want to do your own integration, you’ll need programming support and two to 20 days to integrate it into your website. To speak with a sales representative, call 1-866-836-1648 or explore our Solutions Directory for integration resources.

If you’d like an easier way to get paid, check out their Website Payments Standard or Virtual Terminal solutions.

Last edited:
We go thru our bank. No hardware, just some dial up software. We process a few credit card transactions each week, some weeks none. There are advantages going thru your bank.

I have talked to paypal, and have mixed feelings on the entire issue. just wish this one customer wasnt so demanding

they said their schools cant pay this way. i will call their business office and ask, theres a meeting coming up looking for vendors I want to attend.

big organizations have wierd rules:mad:

charper1 said:
Maybe generalized rules against online payments?

that may be, with over 100 buildings its hard to get a straight answer on anything. although they are reorganizing to cut costs and close facilities.

sadly sometimes that just makes it worse:(

If it's mainly just one customer reconsider Paypal. We have one customer that insists on paying with a corporate card. We used our existing website and made a "payment" page for each customer. They click on the pay button, fill out their CC info and it's done. The paypal website has a guide on doing this. It makes reorders a breeze as they can actually reorder online. They do not have to set up a Paypal account to do this. They just enter their CC info.

Previously we signed a lease with a major bank and processor. We ened up with a lease payment on the equipment, a $15 monthly minimum "discount" fee and a $10 a month statement fee. We lost all of our profits on cc sales on the fees and lease.

techpuppy said:
If it's mainly just one customer reconsider Paypal. We have one customer that insists on paying with a corporate card. We used our existing website and made a "payment" page for each customer. They click on the pay button, fill out their CC info and it's done. The paypal website has a guide on doing this. It makes reorders a breeze as they can actually reorder online. They do not have to set up a Paypal account to do this. They just enter their CC info.

Previously we signed a lease with a major bank and processor. We ened up with a lease payment on the equipment, a $15 monthly minimum "discount" fee and a $10 a month statement fee. We lost all of our profits on cc sales on the fees and lease.

Thats just it, the ONE CUST, says they can't/won't use PayPal. Not the merchant.

dragon002 said:
i see mr haller,

you do business with the pittsburgh board of education. nice contract. im impressed.

I am but a small fish in a big pond. mostly service on laminating machines. inner city customers can be rough.

little parking, abusive environment, have had rocks thrown at me, had bread bag of water dropped 3 floors on my head:( lucky it was just water, machines get beat up, everything is community property so no one really cares. cars get keyed, have to pay 10 bucks to park downtown. money is nice but hassles are great.

I have been doing this for 30 years...

I do warranty and dealer service for some manufacturers.....

some of the worst neighborhoods have the nicest employees....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts