Acquiring Satelite Signal-bad switch or 6000?

CMB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I have a problem that started about a week ago. Every morning it seems that we keep getting the "Acquiring Satelite Signal" message and it doesn't acquire the signal. I have to pull out the programming card (sometimes a number of times) to get it to reset and then acquire the signal. This is only happening on my 6000 receiver. I have a 6000, a 2700 and a 508 with a SW-21 and two dishes. The 6000 is the only receiver using the SW21. This seems to mostly happen in the morning - mosture? We did get a lot of rain a week ago from Ivan. Should I switch receivers to see if it is the receiver (8vsb card?)? Or should I silicone the plugs on the SW21? I have run the switch test and once it failed but has passed other times. What do you guys who have a lot of install experience think? Thanks for your anticipated help.

Swapping receivers around to isolate problems is a good idea. Think about which pieces are the same vs. different. EVERY component i suspect - cables, connectors, LNB ports - everything.

It sounds like you have a Dish 500 with a Legacy Quad plus a wing dish for HD. Yes?

to add to what simon said.

Consider checking all the outdoor or non-driploop conections and check for things such as moisture and corrosion. it is possible that some of that Ivan rain got up to the connection on the lnb as well. But definitely swap around first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)