ActionTec Router Reboots/Lockups

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
Anyone else having problems with the ActionTec router? I work out of the home and have had the router reload so many times today that I may have to go into the office. In the past I would have lockups about once every two weeks but starting yesterday I get a lockup or reboot about every hour. Anyone else?

I will contact VZ to see about a replacement. Hopefully they dont charge for that.

Nope, I took that thing off my line the second day I had it. I have a Dlink and CheckPoint that never need reset.

Nope, I took that thing off my line the second day I had it. I have a Dlink and CheckPoint that never need reset.

I have been told the that D-link is even worse than the Actiontec. I have an appointment on Friday for them to replace mine with a new one. I will let everyone know how that goes.

I have been told the that D-link is even worse than the Actiontec. I have an appointment on Friday for them to replace mine with a new one. I will let everyone know how that goes.

OK, I promised an update and I am happy to report that so far everything is good. Tech came out, ON TIME, swapped out the router and upgaded the new one. Also swapped out one of my PVR's that had a hard disk problem.

Only problem I had was when I uploaded my old config file after he left. Seems the MAC address is stored in the config file which was wrong for the new router. I modified the file and re-uploaded. Then had to call them to release my IP. That took about 15 minutes, but I am up and running and have not dropped connection at all. In addition, my VOD appears to engage faster.

As always I am extermely impressed with the level of service I get here in Garland, TX from the Verizon technicians. Thanks to you local guys and the guy over in Richardson at the call center that got me put into the serivce queue. Great job guys.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts