Activation for new 942 if I return the leased one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobbehr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
S.W.MI
I want the Voom hd channels but Dish won't put them on my leased 942, which I got it in may of 2005. So if I have them install a 211 would they activate a new 942 that I purchased to replace the leased one? I want to at least use the 942 to record OTA programs. And what type of switch would I need to run both HD receivers in HT along with a 311 in the kitchen?

If you have the new HD package on any ViP you will get all the mpeg2 channels on your 942. 10 out of the 15 vooms will show up on your 942.

If you got a 222 instead of the 211 you could replace the 311, save $5 and elimate the switch if you can use the Dish 1000.

So Dish will activate my new 942 for HD if I return the leased one? And would they possibly install a dish aimed at 61.5 then into the open dp+ lnb input, instead of just upgrading me to the 1000? I've heard the 129 can be unreliable. And also I've looked for a vip222 with no luck, can I lease one? If not, where are they sold?

So Dish will activate my new 942 for HD if I return the leased one?
They will add it to your account but you can only get the new HD pack if you have a ViP receiver. I might be a good idea to add the new 942 before returning the leased one in case you decided not to get the new package.

And would they possibly install a dish aimed at 61.5 then into the open dp+ lnb input, instead of just upgrading me to the 1000? I've heard the 129 can be unreliable.

I'm not sure but probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts