actuator arm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ray65251

Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
I am setting up my bud when I set it to true south do I need the actuator arm all the way out or in?

Last edited:
I am not sure this is what you are after

ray65251 said:
I am setting up my bud when I set it to true south do I need the actuator arm fully exceeded or not exceeded?

I have always set up actuator arms as to where I want them to track on the belt ...either further east or west. Never really gave the positioner a thought relative to south, other than to make sure the dish could make it to the eastern and western most satellite I was after. Also you NEVER want the dish to be able to "flop over" on the mount.

In my location the arm is almost 1/2 way extended when pointing true south. My true south is 119d. I start with the arm retracted and the dish at a point a little east of the furthermost eastern sat I am after

Hope this helps
Jeff

gizzer777 said:
I have always set up actuator arms as to where I want them to track on the belt ...either further east or west. Never really gave the positioner a thought relative to south, other than to make sure the dish could make it to the eastern and western most satellite I was after. Also you NEVER want the dish to be able to "flop over" on the mount.
In my location the arm is almost 1/2 way extended when pointing true south. My true south is 119d. I start with the arm retracted and the dish at a point a little east of the furthermost eastern sat I am after
Hope this helps
Jeff

Ray didn't mention what part of the country he's in, but thought I should mention that us east coasters would do the opposite and start with the arm retracted at a point a little west of the western most satellite.

Actuator arm to far west about 400 click on a 24" arm

HI I am jackpeas,My 36'' venture just stop and i replace it with a 24" arm.Now the clamp was about 10" from the end.I was comming up short on the east end.Now I move the clamp to about 2" from the end of the shaft.I am getting about 400 count pass c4 and stoping at amc3@87 deg.What can i do to get it just little past amc8@139.I have done 2 master reset since this.Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts