Actuator Arms??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I'm looking to get a new actuator arm and i was wondering what the big difference is between the 24" Probrand - Superjack and a V76-5 Von Weise actuator jack 24”

From what i have read, the von weiss is by far the superior of the two actuators. Better construction and built with better materials.

Hmmm... i'm a newbie.. maybe i'll start off with the superjack incase i fry it..lol

drhydro said:
From what i have read, the von weiss is by far the superior of the two actuators. Better construction and built with better materials.

I have used the Von Weise and the Venture and would go with a Venture over the Von Weise, Super jack is not really that great at all.

Thanks for the input tdti, i havent heard / read much about the venture arms. I have heard a lot aobut the super jacks tho, and what i have heard is NOT good ;-)

I also have used Venture and Superjacks, and the Venture is far superior. More expensive but well worth it. You might also consider Thomson-Saginaw.

orthoclipse said:
I also have used Venture and Superjacks, and the Venture is far superior. More expensive but well worth it. You might also consider Thomson-Saginaw.

Well Thomson Saginaw is the best arm money can buy, but there are very pricey.

I have thomson saginaw actuators and i really like them, built like a "brick outhouse" as a forum mod who has seen one of mine said. The motor alone weighs 8 pounds, with a super sturdy aluminum casing and heavy duty gaskets used to seal stuff up. I have one that is approx. 10 years old and still works fine, with no corrosion on the arm after 10 vermont winters. As Tdti said, they are very pricey, i have seen prices of around 350.00 for a 24" arm. If you can find one of these for a good price i would say "go for it" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts