Actuator help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Hey guys, I need a new actuator. My old 24" inch superjack finally gave out. I have a 10 ft. mesh C and KU dish. It's not heavy. I use a Uniden Supra as the dish mover.

I'd like some advice as to what Actuator I should go with and why? My main concerns are accuracy and durability. For quite some time when moving my dish, I would have to bump it one way or the other to dial in KU. Is there a real accurate one that will lock on without much hassle?

Thank you very much Primestar. I like the fact that you have experience with it.

prime, I had someone tell me that a ballscrew was susceptible to peening when static resulting in shorter life. It certainly doesn't seem like you had that experience. That first one looks pretty good to me.

I haven't noticed any such issues, and we have average winds here of over 20 mph almost everyday. Just over the last week we've had 65-85 mph winds through Michigan (and my yard), and my dish didn't even budge a hair in that wind. It certainly didn't vibrate, and it takes that to cause peening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)