Add 3rd tv to DISH 500 SYSTEM DISH DVR 522?

billyd

Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
Hello,

I was interested in adding an additional tv to a DISH DVR 522 system. There are currently 2 tvs. I was thinking I could simply split off the UHF/VHF signal [2nd tv] and add the 3rd tv that way. Is it possible and how, as I can only get one of the secondary tvs to work at one time.

Thanks!

No problem, a simple splitter will work. I had cable in my house with 6 TV's fed thru an amplifier/splitter and just fed the TV2 output back to the amplifier/splitter and got some more remotes from Ebay. I also have my TV1 feeding the main livingroom TV using the composite RCA output so I take the RF output from TV1 and use a splitter in reverse and combine it with TV2 and send both outputs back to the amplifier/splitter. Now my wife can watch TV2 in her bedroom and I can watch TV1 in my room or any other. I guess the only drawback is I don't get stereo on the RF output from TV1 but I'm not that critical.

One other thing about cabling TV1 back, when TV1 is off it takes the antenna input and feeds it out the TV1 RF output so if nothing is hooked up to the antenna/cable input you get snow. Just press select or the large red button twice to get the picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts