Add Digital HD VHF Channel to 811 box?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slikkster

Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
First post.

My folks have Dish, and I just turned them on to OTA digital HD for the 811 box. Picked up an indoor Terk UHF/VHF antenna.

They live in the West Palm Beach, FL, area. One of the digital channels lives on VHF channel 13. The "Scan for Digital" channels doesn't seem to look for that frequency. All the UHF local digitals show up fine after a scan.

The CBS affiliate --WPEC-- is the one that's not showing up on the scan, being in the VHF band on 13. Manually adding "transmit" channel 13 does no good, either. No signal on that channel (digital).

Any clue on how I can get that channel onto the 811 box?

Thanks so much for assistance.

Same thing here with CBS from RI sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't. I usually do a rescan and it comes up half the time.

The VHF stations are really tough to get in alot of areas. But at channel 13 it is borderline. I have a heck of a time with the 3 vhf digital stations in my area.

50 BUCKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN GET WBBM (CBS IN CHICAGO) WHERE I LIVE DT-3!!!! then come over and do mine ant as YOU WONT GET IT!! and im only 40 Miles from the transmitters.. (everythig else is a OK)

Cbs 2 Wbbm DT3

Goalie bob
I get out here in Sugar Grove 55 miles west of chi town, what antenna and preamp are you using, I have a Winegard hd 7084 antenna with a 29 db preamp, the 811 does not get it, but the vomm Motorola DSR550 Does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)