Add ESPN2HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hggeorge

Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Now that ESPNU has been added we still need ESPN2HD to come on line. With the baseball playoffs and college football Dish needs to add this soon.

I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com yesterday. The response I got was there was a "strategic plan" in place to add this channel in the near future with the addition of the Rainbow satellite and a new Echostar satellite. I suspect it will still be sometime in 2006, which stinks for college football fans who are missing out on at least 1 ESPN2HD game per week.

Yes if I want to watch repeats of Law and Order and The District and repeats of sports events(Not Live, ie USOpen tennis) then Universal would be better. If I want to watch live sports events in HD the ESPN2HD is better.

I also enjoy watching ESPNHD for upconverted SD events because it is not compressed as much as normal ESPN. I detest watching FoxSportsNet because it is so heavily compressed it looks like watching an old Atari game system.

There is no "better" when it comes to content decisions because it just comes down to what you enjoy watching. I am sure there is someone out there that enjoys watching ScreensaverHD on Rave.

I don't doubt that people complain about the lack of HD content. There are not enough trucks to make all sports HD.

My point is that arguing about which stations to carry is more about content choices. I am not going to watch the screensavers on Rave 18hours a day just because they are true HD. Universal may have more hours of true HD per day than ESPN2HD. That does not mean that I will watch it. I would watch SD sports on ESPN2HD so that is is not as compressed as ESPN2. I watch sports on ESPNHD, ESPN2, and even on my regional sports net(As compressed as it is it looks very very bad on my tv). I would not watch a handfull of syndicated reruns repeated twice daily on Universal.

My personal preference would be ESPN2. Some others would prefer Universal. It is only a personal preference, there is no hard and true way to judge which is better content. My example of Rave screensavers is intended to illustrate that amount "True HD" does not mean best "Content". And content is what everyone but a small handfull of people want. Some want movies, some want sports, some want????

If your preference is different from someone else that doesn't mean that you are wrong, or the other person is wrong. It is just a matter of preference.

I found the email from ceo@dishnetwork.com....

"Thank you for your interest in Dish Network HD programming. We have a strategic plan that we are currently developing, but for obvious reasons it cannot be publicly disclosed. With a successful purchase of the Rainbow Satellite coupled with the launch of the Echo X Satellite early next year. We plan to use the incremental bandwidth to support the launch of numerous new HD channels. We hope to have something to announce sometime in the near future. Rest assured…we are aggressively working this plan.

Thank you "

No you don't, you need less HD. More shopping. More Interactive programs. More Chat replays. More Remote Tips.

I swear you guys don't even understand sometimes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)