Add used DSR708

Status
Please reply by conversation.

km2577

Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
GA
Currently have 4 D-10 boxes and would like to switch a D-10 box with a DVR model DSR708. What steps do I take to accomplish this? Card,DVR service fee,etc

Edited to add: DSR708 is currently in use at relatives house and the D-10 will go back to said relatives house as replacement. So we are swapping boxes.

Thanks in advance

KM

Last edited:
Make sure both accounts are paid up to date and deactivate both receivers. Call directv and tell them the dsr708 is a receiver you would like to add to your account. No need to tell them any history on the receiver. Just activate it with the card that came with it. Then turn on DVR services ($5.99/mo). That should do it.

Dknow said:
Just activate it with the card that came with it. Then turn on DVR services ($5.99/mo). That should do it.

D* is not going to let him do this, as they "normally" do NOT let you take used cards from one person's account to another . BUT, it can still be done....

AFTER you guys deactivate each of these receivers, swap the 2 access cards between the 2 units, THEN call D* & just tell them you are putting different equipment on the card & have them remarry the new receiver to the old card. By doing this, you also WON'T get stuck with a new 1 or 2 year committment.

To be safe, do NOT try & do this transaction on 1 phone call; do it on 2 separate phone calls. ;)

Thanks Guys -

Am I right to assume a phone line will need to be connected to remarry the card to the box. I currently do not have any phone lines connected but I could insert one if needed.

km2577 said:
Am I right to assume a phone line will need to be connected to remarry the card to the box. I currently do not have any phone lines connected but I could insert one if needed.

Nope, makes NO difference whatsoever...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)