Add walley receiver on same dish that serves the hopper

ronthet

Original poster
May 11, 2009
DFW
Ok I have a hopper inside the house. One coax cable is coming from the Dish HD sat dish on the roof inside the attic to a hybrid solo switch. the cable hooks to the ODU and the I have cable from the host on the switch to the hopper. Two additional coax cable are run to two other TV locations. I had two Joeys so these cables were really nevery used. I have a Wally receiver for my RV and use a dish playmaker. I was told I could leave the wally connected and powered on to the dish play maker I would receive software updates to the receiver, which was a problem in the past with the receiver sitting for so long and not powered on.

I also have a Manual dish on a tripod the T6100 I believe. It seems to work using that dish as well but just no good place to put that dish and leave it up full time in the yard.

I want to bring the Wally to the house and use one of the other TV coax to setup the wally. I tried a splitter on the coax before the dish cable hooks to the hybrid solo hub. the hooper still worked using the spitter, but the receiver I tested with (vp211) did not work.

Should this work with the wally?
Do I need to run another coax for the LNB on the dish? If so does it matter which LNB and do I need to worry if I removed the LNB from the dish arm they are attached too that is setting on the dish would be moved. I assume since you rotated the dish left or right and up or down at the pole the the Lnb removal and reinstall with a second cable nothing would change?

Any thought of how I can add the Wally to hopper dish and keep it up to date.

Thanks

It is my understanding that you cannot use a Wally or a 211 series receiver on the same LNB as an H3, even with a second cable. You will need a DPH42 as well as a second cable from the dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is my understanding that you cannot use a Wally or a 211 series receiver on the same LNB as an H3, even with a second cable. You will need a DPH42 as well as a second cable from the dish.
Thank you. I am not that technical so not sure about a dph42. is that something to do with the LNB?

A DPH42 is a switch, it takes something(s) then outputs something else, usually it its used to provide multiple receivers with the same set of satellites. In this case, a Dish hybrid signal [DPH], from up to 4 satellites [4], to a max of 2 receivers [2](except in commercial applications, don't worry about it). What you would do with this is connect your current LNB to the input, or "To Dish" ports, the amount of coax runs you would need depends on the amount of satellites your LNB gets, usually 3 for WA (110/119/129) or 2 for EA (61.5/72.7). Then, on the output, or "Receiver In" ports, you would connect the Wally one one output, and the Hopper on the other. The switch also requires external power, and it would get this form an included power inserter (usually they come together if you get the switch brand new). This inserter can be installed on either the Wally or Hopper run, as long as you make sure it is on port 1. The rest of the installation stays pretty much the same, unless you have a hybrid WA LNB, because if you recall WA has 3 satellites, and the LNB only has 2 outputs (If you have a Hopper3 on WA you most likely do have a hybrid), if this is the case then you will need to get a WA DPP LNB as well.

Reactions: TheKrell
A DPH42 is a switch, it takes something(s) then outputs something else, usually it its used to provide multiple receivers with the same set of satellites. In this case, a Dish hybrid signal [DPH], from up to 4 satellites [4], to a max of 2 receivers [2](except in commercial applications, don't worry about it). What you would do with this is connect your current LNB to the input, or "To Dish" ports, the amount of coax runs you would need depends on the amount of satellites your LNB gets, usually 3 for WA (110/119/129) or 2 for EA (61.5/72.7). Then, on the output, or "Receiver In" ports, you would connect the Wally one one output, and the Hopper on the other. The switch also requires external power, and it would get this form an included power inserter (usually they come together if you get the switch brand new). This inserter can be installed on either the Wally or Hopper run, as long as you make sure it is on port 1. The rest of the installation stays pretty much the same, unless you have a hybrid WA LNB, because if you recall WA has 3 satellites, and the LNB only has 2 outputs (If you have a Hopper3 on WA you most likely do have a hybrid), if this is the case then you will need to get a WA DPP LNB as well.
Thanks

The best way to do this would be to use a DPP LNBF on your 1000/2 Dish. If the current LNBF is a Slimline, you need a new LNB bracket to go with it.

One cable for each Sat to a DPP 44 Switch. 3 for Western Arc, 2 for Eastern Arc.
4 Trunk lines to a DPH 42 Switch. Now you have 4 DPP outlets for anything other than the Hopper Equipment from the 44 Switch and the 42 Switch for the Hopper - which also gives you the opportunity to add a 2nd Hopper. You never said if you have a Hopper 1, 2, or 3, but this would work for all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts