Added lnbf for 105 today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
Finally got around to using my last ku lnbf for feed hunting on 105. It is the one clamped to pvc with red c clamp. Please see photos. The pic of the red lnb is on my Superdish at 101 W. The rubber band allows flexibility in aiming. Also, really getting high SQ with the 2.4 m dish on 105 on Echo test pattern channel -- 80% or so. I will be moving my 76 cm dish to 91 W or 99 W for more feeds. It is on 97 now.

Attachments

• IMG00025.JPG
    IMG00025.JPG
    531.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG00026.JPG
    IMG00026.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG00027.JPG
    IMG00027.JPG
    573.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG00028.JPG
    IMG00028.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Finally got around to using my last ku lnbf for feed hunting on 105. It is the one clamped to pvc with red c clamp. Please see photos. The pic of the red lnb is on my Superdish at 101 W. The rubber band allows flexibility in aiming. Also, really getting high SQ with the 2.4 m dish on 105 on Echo test pattern channel -- 80% or so. I will be moving my 76 cm dish to 91 W or 99 W for more feeds. It is on 97 now.

LOL!!! And I thought the stuff I did was kooky! :D

Thanks all for the mostly complimentary comments! I am truly somewhat kooky, or so my friends think. I have been considering a more ecofriendly approach to mounting the lnbs, for instance bamboo rods instead of pvc or steel/aluminum and tough vines which grow near the dish to secure the lnbs to the bamboo. Not sure about poison ivy.

Thanks all for the mostly complimentary comments! I am truly somewhat kooky, or so my friends think. I have been considering a more ecofriendly approach to mounting the lnbs, for instance bamboo rods instead of pvc or steel/aluminum and tough vines which grow near the dish to secure the lnbs to the bamboo. Not sure about poison ivy.

Now some bamboo supports would really look swell!

All kidding aside, I have been pondering bamboo for my cabin along the river, simply for the aesthetic appearance. Not sure which variety would do best in my climate here. But, I have been looking into the different varieties. The ones that I like the best aren't suitable for the climate and soil here.

But, I bet they'd look nice with your dish! :)

RADAR

Actually I like your idea a lot! I think I will try it myself, it's so insanely simple that even I could manage something like this. :D

Now, to find some long sticks. And like some duck tape. Or something. ;)

fline1.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)