Adding 110 to 119 on same Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Howardf42

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I am located in central Mexico and have a 1.20 meter (4 ft) antenna pointed at Sat 119 with a dual LNB driving 2 DP311 receivers. I'd like to also receive channels from 110 with the same antenna into the two DP311's. What do I need to buy to do that?

I also am curious if anyone has tried this. I see brackets on the internet that say you can get multiple sats off one dish, esp since 119 & 110 aren't that far apart. I don't think I have the technical savy to figure it out w/o help but I might try one of these days. Anyways, good question.

same song, second verse...

Why don't you see this thread about 110/119 in Alaska on a 1.8m dish.?
It deals (pretty well) with exactly the same question.
Now, as to how good the dish footprints are down south, I do not know. :)

I am located in central Mexico and have a 1.20 meter (4 ft) antenna pointed at Sat 119 with a dual LNB driving 2 DP311 receivers. I'd like to also receive channels from 110 with the same antenna into the two DP311's. What do I need to buy to do that?

If it were me, I would put up another 4' dish for just 110 sat.
Put the two feeds from each dish into either a SW21 or DP21 switch depending on type of LNBF's and send to receiver.
Do the same again for the second receiver.
This would be the cheapest way without using SW or DP 34 switch.

When you are on the deep fringe for signals, get the most signal within your budget.

I live in Central Mexico and needed to install a 1.8 meter dish in order to pick up 110 using a SW21 switch. The other 1.4 meter dish points to 119. Getting both satellites on the same dish is not possible.

Best thing to do is to check with one of the local guys that does all the Dish installs for the Americans that winter over down there.

The Alaskan 1.8m thread mentioned above, deals with the fact that the Twin LNB won't focus properly on a dish with a different focal length.
Calculatioins are included for a custom bracket to mount a second LNB...
Most likely, a 1.8m equipped as above would work in central Mexico...
...but you just can't put a twin on it.
That would be: point dish at 110º, and mount second LNB on the special bracket and adjust it for 119º.
(a little more gain at the central LNB than the side-saddle one.)

If the 1.4m is too small for 110º, then there's not much you can do about it.

Hi, Howard!

Recently, we've come up with a new solution to the offset LNB problem that appears to give very accurate results, as posted in Offset LNBs: Theory and Practice. I'd be happy to compute the offsets for you, if you'd like. To do so, I just need three numbers: your latitude and longitude, and your dish's "focal length".

One important caveat. The further South you go, the greater the angular spread between any two satellites that are close to your longitude. It may well be that 110 and 119 are too far apart for you to be able to receive with any single dish. Anyway, if you can pass along the numbers, we'll try to help out!

Best Regards!
Mark

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)