Adding 3rd dual tuner receiver

stevvot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Oklahoma City
Hi,

I leased a 622 and a 625 back in October of 2006. I believe I have a Dish 1000, but I'm not real sure. I have a triple-LNB setup and a Wineguard OTA coming into the house currently, and am planning on adding another 622 that I've purchased. I've noticed coming off of the Dish currently are two cables, with a 3rd with a loose end up on the dish mount post. One of the 2 cables is combined with the Winegard and goes to my 622, and the other goes to my 625. I've attached a couple of photos showing my current setup. My question is can I just extend the 3rd cable from the Dish and connect into the extra port on the satellite/OTA combiner and then run an additional wire into my eave to my new 622? If so, what part do I need between my wall and my new 622 to split out the OTA signal and the 2 satellite signals to the dual tuners?

Thanks for any help or insight.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 213
Stevvot,

It looks to me that you have a DPP Twin and a DP Dual on a single Dish 1000. That is the first generation 1000 and I think the 'loose' end is either a second output from the DP Dual or the loop from the DP Dual to the 'Input' on the DPP Twin. There are only 2 outputs from the Twin, so you'd need to upgrade to a Dish 1000.2 (2nd generation) that has 3 outputs or a DPP44 switch setup that has 4 outputs (needs a DP Twin). Dish does produce a DPP33 switch and is less expensive than a DPP44 switch, but I don't know of the availability.
I wish I have better news.
Miner

That third wire is likely an interconnect between the smaller LNB and the larger LNB. The DPP TWIN you have only supports two receivers by itself. To add a third requires a switch. A better idea is to upgrade to the 1000.2. This is a better dish as it has more surface area to get more signal on 129 (a weak bird). The 1000.2 has support for up to three receivers.

Also, replace that Winegard diplexer with a Holland model DPD2 (blue diplexer) as they are tested by DISH to be compatible with their technology.

I appreciate the replies guys. I went ahead and emailed ceo@echostar.com to ask about getting upgraded to a 1000.2 dish. I did mention that I've had rain-fade issues on 129 that the 1000.2 may help solve. Since my original 18 month contract expired in April, I mentioned that I might be willing to re-up for 18 or 24 months if they can go ahead and upgrade my Dish and upgrade my 625 to a 622 or 722. Has anyone had any luck getting their dish swapped out for a 1000.2 for free this way?

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)