Adding a 2nd reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Silver3783

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
I have a 1 room setup currently. If down the road I choose to add a 2nd or 3rd room to the service, can I just split the signal coming in the house with a splitter or is other hardware required?

You'll have to run new lines from the switch to the rooms where you want the new TVs.

switch

You know, I didn't even see a switch. The RG6 from the satellite looks like its going straight to the reciever. Is that normal, or am I just not seeing the switch.

switch

the installer just said theres no switch coming from the dish 500 until the must carry dish is installed.

does that sound right?

as of right now its just 1 dish 500 and 1 reciever.

What type of LNB's do you have?? It sounds like you might have a twin and if you do then you just need to run a new RG6 cable from the extra port on the LNB to you receiver.
Also what type of receiver do you have now??

Adding a Dish 300 to the mix

I do have the twin so I believe it is a wiring job. The other thing is the Dish Installers are coming to add the must carry dish so I get the rest of my locals. They will add a Dish 300. When they do that do they add a switch as well?

Right now I have the Dish 500 & 1 reciever. The RG6 cable goes from the dish to the reciever. When they come to put the Dish 300 how does it get connected?

Does that switch join the RG6 cables coming from both Dishes into 1 RG6 going to the reciever?

Silver3783 said:
Does that switch join the RG6 cables coming from both Dishes into 1 RG6 going to the reciever?
Correct, they will use a switch 21. Tell them about you interest about adding a second receiver and see if they will run a second line and switch for you.

Contact them BEFORE they come out. With luck, you can get a DP34 (3-in, 4-out) out of it.

At the very least, get a pair of DP21's. Each DP21 can drive one tuner, but can take 2 feeds - and one of them can be the twin, so even though it's 2-in, you still get your 3 birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts